My Truist Credit Card downloads Debits as Credits and vice-a-versa.

When I update/download transactions from Truist, only my credit card reverses the credits and debits. I have reset the account but still the same. I don't know if this is an issue I need to take up with Quicken or the bank. Any suggestions.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Mike Mandeville
    Mike Mandeville Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Sometime earlier this week, I noticed Quicken updated itself. I went through the same process I did before (which didn't work previously):

1. synch
    2. deauthorize online access for credit card
    3. synch
    4. delete credit card account
    5. synch
    6. add account from Truist (Quicken will find the credit card account again)
    7. synch

After the Quicken update, my credit card account synchs properly (yesterday). Today I synch again, and things are still working properly. Maybe it's fixed forever? Fingers crossed.

Mike

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @shaak60

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this, though we apologize for any inconvenience.

We are looking further into this matter. Meanwhile, if you are experiencing this, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files and (if possible) screenshots attached.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue.

The more problem reports we receive, the better! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Mike Mandeville
    I am having the exact same problem so I will submit a report as well. I deauthorized my credit card account, then deleted it, then added it again. When i synched, everything came over correctly, but the next time I did a synch, all transactions were reversed again.
  • Mike Mandeville
    Any updates on this?
  • Mike Mandeville
    I have some additional notes on this:
    I can go to the Accounts page and edit my Credit Card account. I go to the Online tab and I "deauthorize" the online connection. Then I sync. Then I come back to the Accounts page, but this time I DELETE the Credit Card account (type "yes" to confirm), then I sync again. After the successful sync, I come back to Accounts a third time and ADD this same Credit Card account back, and I sync one last time. I've done this TWICE now, and both times I get the correct register (payments in payments and charges in charges), and everything matches what I see from www.truist.com perfectly. Now the very next time something changes (a payment or charge clears), and I re-sync, everything breaks again. I have already "reported a problem", but this time, I have a nice screen shot of what is "should" look like when it works, and as soon as it breaks (tomorrow), I'll take another screen shot.
  • shaak60
    shaak60 Member
    I have also reset and deleted the account but it still loads the payment as credit and vice versa. I have a call into Truist but no luck yet. Will let you know if they find something.
  • Mike Mandeville
    Answer ✓
    Sometime earlier this week, I noticed Quicken updated itself. I went through the same process I did before (which didn't work previously):

1. synch
    2. deauthorize online access for credit card
    3. synch
    4. delete credit card account
    5. synch
    6. add account from Truist (Quicken will find the credit card account again)
    7. synch

After the Quicken update, my credit card account synchs properly (yesterday). Today I synch again, and things are still working properly. Maybe it's fixed forever? Fingers crossed.

Mike
  • shaak60
    shaak60 Member
    My acct is also working properly now, just waiting for it to happen again. I'll celebrate next week.
This discussion has been closed.