How to get Quicken to download entire 2021 year of bank account transactions

Since I installed Quicken Premier, it has only downloaded bank account transactions from the date (3/12/2021) of Quicken Premier installation to the current date. How do I get this product to download bank account transactions from before installation. It does me no good trying to use its information for my tax year 2021 tax return if it won't have the complete 2021 year transactions? I had bought the product with the assurance that it can import its data from my bank accounts into TurboTax Premier, but it doesn't have the complete 2021 year transactions. All transactions between 1/1/2021 and 3/11/2021 are missing including some important tax-related transactions such as first property tax payment for my condo paid between those dates.

Can anyone help me get Quicken Premier to update with those missing transactions which are still available online from my bank? If that's not possible then the product is useless to help me do my tax return faster. I will have to enter all tax information manually.

Best Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    PremierUser47 said: It does me no good trying to use its information for my tax year 2021 tax return if it won't have the complete 2021 year transactions?
    Wow - have seen this posted a couple of times....  looking for Quicken to magically download years worth of transactions.
    It's not up to the Quicken software, it's up to your Financial Institution and what data transactions they make available for downloading.... usually it's 90 days worth -
    BUT - if you go onto your FI online website, you can look and see if they offer a "date range" for downloading AND if they offer a Quicken QFX downloading format ....
    Which Financial Institutions do you want to download ?
    [EDIT] - also updated topic title to better reflect actual Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PremierUser47 - The number of days of transactions that will be downloaded via Direct Connect (DC) and Express Web Connect (EWC) connections is defined by the Financial Institution (FI).  There is nothing we can do to change that.
    However, there is a 3rd method for downloading transactions called Web Connect (WC).  This is where you log into your online account and manually download transactions from there in QFX format (sometimes referred to as "Quicken format").  If you cannot find this download format in your bank's website, you can let us know who your bank is and we can double check with the FIDIR list.
    Not all banks support WC.  If yours does not but it does allow manual downloads in QIF, CSV, Excel or  OFX formats, you can use a conversion software like ImportQIF to convert the data into something that Quicken can import.  ImportQIF is a freeware that was developed by a longtime Quicken user and active participant in this Community.  You can read up on it and download it from https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
    As a final option, you can always manually enter the missing transactions.  It's not ideal, of course, but it does work.
    Let me know if this helped you resolve the issue or if you have additional questions.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    PremierUser47 said: It does me no good trying to use its information for my tax year 2021 tax return if it won't have the complete 2021 year transactions?
    Wow - have seen this posted a couple of times....  looking for Quicken to magically download years worth of transactions.
    It's not up to the Quicken software, it's up to your Financial Institution and what data transactions they make available for downloading.... usually it's 90 days worth -
    BUT - if you go onto your FI online website, you can look and see if they offer a "date range" for downloading AND if they offer a Quicken QFX downloading format ....
    Which Financial Institutions do you want to download ?
    [EDIT] - also updated topic title to better reflect actual Q&A

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PremierUser47 - The number of days of transactions that will be downloaded via Direct Connect (DC) and Express Web Connect (EWC) connections is defined by the Financial Institution (FI).  There is nothing we can do to change that.
    However, there is a 3rd method for downloading transactions called Web Connect (WC).  This is where you log into your online account and manually download transactions from there in QFX format (sometimes referred to as "Quicken format").  If you cannot find this download format in your bank's website, you can let us know who your bank is and we can double check with the FIDIR list.
    Not all banks support WC.  If yours does not but it does allow manual downloads in QIF, CSV, Excel or  OFX formats, you can use a conversion software like ImportQIF to convert the data into something that Quicken can import.  ImportQIF is a freeware that was developed by a longtime Quicken user and active participant in this Community.  You can read up on it and download it from https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
    As a final option, you can always manually enter the missing transactions.  It's not ideal, of course, but it does work.
    Let me know if this helped you resolve the issue or if you have additional questions.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• PremierUser47
    PremierUser47 Member ✭✭
    Thanks to all for helping me with my Quicken Premier problem. Your solutions worked perfectly. I was able to download the needed bank transactions to Quicken Premier by following your directions.
This discussion has been closed.