Quicken Deluxe for Windows not accepting downloaded transactions or reconciling

I manually accept all downloaded transactions to my accounts before reconciliation. I am no longer able to accept individual transactions or even "Accept all". In addition, when I click on a transaction, it is not being selected (yes, mouse is working fine in all other applications). I cannot use the "CTRL+R" reconciliation dialogue window either.

What has suddenly changed in my file?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• George Thompson III
    George Thompson III Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I tried those fixes without success. But I rebooted my machine and then it started working again - strange! Thanks for the help!

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @George Thompson III,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• George Thompson III
    George Thompson III Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I tried those fixes without success. But I rebooted my machine and then it started working again - strange! Thanks for the help!
  • Quicken Anja
    Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you found a solution that worked for you. :)

-Quicken Anja

• Nicole T.
    Nicole T. Member
    I am also having the same issue and tried the above offered solutions but neither worked. I accidentally discovered that if I "restore down" the screen (or don't have the screen maximized) the accept, edit etc "buttons" are now functional. I have rebooted multiple times without resolution. Any ideas on how to correct this? Thank you,
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @Nicole T.,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and adding to this discussion to tell us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this and that the previous steps failed to resolve this for you.

Do you have a recent backup you can restore? Next, I'd suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please, review this support article. Scroll down and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.