I have rent increase coming up on a tenant. How is the best way to do this?

I have rent increase coming up on a tenant. How is the best way to do this?
Tagged:

Answers

• mcmvols
    mcmvols Member ✭✭
    Do you have to end the lease and start a new one for that tenant? Or can you just increase the rent from a point/date going forward without ending the current lease and keeping the past history?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @mcmvols,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question, I would be happy to help you. 

There is not a specific area for "Rental Increase", however, details on rent and lease terms can be edited by navigating to Rental tab > Properties & Tenants > Show Tenant List > Select the tenant to modify and click Edit.

I hope this helps! 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mcmvols
    mcmvols Member ✭✭
    Once you edit the tenant as described, does this change all the past history or does this just modify the rent going forward? I do not want my history to change, such as showing late fees for all the past rent payments.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @mcmvols

The history should be posted and saved as transactions in the register so editing the tenant should not affect the history, only future transactions, and information. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.