Cannot access my quicken file after update until I log into quicken online

Options
sdlfjsald
sdlfjsald Member
Ridiculous I cannot access my local quicken file after update until I log into quicken online. I should always have access to my local quicken file and not be locked out until I log into quicken online. [Removed - Solicitation]

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @sdlfjsald,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.

In order to further assist you, I require some clarification. Are you discussing your file password that is required to be entered before entering your main data file? What do you mean by logging into Quicken online? Are you speaking of logging into Quicken on the web? What occurs when attempting to access your data file? Do you receive any sort of error message or code?

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• sdlfjsald
    sdlfjsald Member
    Options
    I have discussed this with tech support and they said this is the way it is. After quicken updates its software it "logs you out" so when I go to access my local file I have to enter my online quicken username and password so that the software can "verify I am a customer" before I can access my local file. Quicken will not let me access my local file until I re enter my username and password and it goes online to verify. Quicken should never lock me out of my local file having to enter my online credentials first.