Alliant Credit Union Visa not downloading

Anybody experiencing this? No errors. Just no transactions. 

Best Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Jared an update... I have connected. It is express web connect. All 3 accounts connected. no downloads for the credit card..
    Hello @mitch.trumpetwin

I appreciate your efforts in keeping me up-to-date about what is happening. I apologize that downloads continue to be unavailable for the credit card account.

Did the error message you had received earlier contain the error code CC-501 or CC-898? If so, I recommend waiting 24-48 hours, then attempting to update the account and download transactions once more. If the account is continuing to experience these symptoms after this period, I recommend reaching out to the Quicken Support team by utilizing the contact information provided in this link.

You can also read more about the error message I believe you were noticing earlier through this Support Article.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Anybody experiencing this? No errors. Just no transactions. 
    Hello @mitch.trumpetwin, 

I am sorry to hear about this issue with transaction downloads. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community in regards to this problem.

What connection method are you using to link or add your accounts in Quicken? You should be able to check this by going to Tools > Account List in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then clicking the Edit button in the rows next to the affected accounts in the window that appears. Finally, navigate to the Online Services tab; the information being requested should be available in the Online Setup callout box. 

Additionally, try opening a new data file by going to File > New Quicken File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Select New Quicken File in the window that appears. Try adding and connecting your Alliant Credit Union account(s) in this 'test' file by going to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' icon in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then enter your online banking credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not this behavior continues in the test file.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    mitch.trumpetwin Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Hi Jared.. I went straight to testing a new file. The visa card does not download anything! I guess this is on the server end. How do we proceed? By the way... the savings account and checking did correctly download. 
  • Quicken Jared
    edited April 2022
    Hi Jared.. I went straight to testing a new file. The visa card does not download anything! I guess this is on the server end. How do we proceed? By the way... the savings account and checking did correctly download. 
    Hello @mitch.trumpetwin

Thank you for speaking with me again and providing updates about the situation as it unfolds. I apologize that these problems are still ongoing.

Save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen then 

1. Select the Tools menu and select Account List
    2. In the Account List, select the account for which you want to deactivate online services, and then click Edit
    3. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate next to the service you want to disable.
    5. Click Yes to the message asking if you want to disable this service. Note: If you do not receive this message, additional information is available below
      • Direct Connect users: If you are deactivating a Direct Connect account, you may see an additional prompt advising you to contact your bank to cancel the Direct Connect service.

This is only recommended if you intend to deactivate an account permanently and need to contact the bank to stop any related fees.
    6. Click OK to the confirmation message.  
    7. (optional) If you do not intend to reactivate, contact your financial institution to cancel any fees they may charge for access to Quicken online services. Deactivating the account in Quicken will not normally stop the service fee.
    You may then Reactivate the account using the steps provided below:

1. Open the Account List (Ctrl + A).
    2. Click the Edit button on the account you want to reactivate.
    3. Go to the Online Services tab and click the Set up Now button.
    4. Type in the financial institution name and walk through the wizard.
    5. Choose LINK on the screen displayed after Quicken finds the available accounts at the financial institution for your login credentials and carefully link to your existing Quicken account(s).

You can read more about this process in the Support Article linked here

If you have an investment account that is linked to a cash account, you need to deactivate the online services from the investment account which will automatically deactivate the linked cash account.

Important: If you are deactivating/reactivating an account to resolve an issue, you will need to deactivate all the accounts with that affected financial institution that you have activated in Quicken (including hidden ones). Once they are all deactivated, then you can follow the steps to reactivate.

I want to note may be necessary to disconnect or remove any Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), pop-up blockers, or antivirus software, as these can occasionally cause issues with connections that prevent transactions from downloading, or from downloading properly.

I am still curious as to what method was being used to connect the Visa Card account; this will help me provide further recommendations as to the proper course of action. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    I de-activated all of allied Credit. on re-activation I got Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault). I closed Quicken and re-started with the same result....Thanks Jared
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    edited April 2022
    The connection method for alliant is express web connect I believe .

• mitch.trumpetwin
    Jared an update... I have connected. It is express web connect. All 3 accounts connected. no downloads for the credit card..
  • Quicken Jared
    Answer ✓
    Hello @mitch.trumpetwin

I appreciate your efforts in keeping me up-to-date about what is happening. I apologize that downloads continue to be unavailable for the credit card account.

Did the error message you had received earlier contain the error code CC-501 or CC-898? If so, I recommend waiting 24-48 hours, then attempting to update the account and download transactions once more. If the account is continuing to experience these symptoms after this period, I recommend reaching out to the Quicken Support team by utilizing the contact information provided in this link.

You can also read more about the error message I believe you were noticing earlier through this Support Article.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    There was no error message. I have transactions that are now 5 days old and never downloaded.
  • Longboat58
    Longboat58 Member ✭✭
    Same here, no errors and no transactions even though I definitely have transactions. First time this has happened since we have had an Alliant card, which has been several years. All other accounts are working. Looks to be on Alliant's end.
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    @Longboat58 Thanks for the info.
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    And a confirmation today. I got a savings account transaction downloaded but not the credit card.
  • Don't Care
    Don't Care Member
    I have been having the same problem with Alliant Visa for a couple weeks now. It will download my checking and savings transactions, but not the Visa. It is quite frustrating, and a problem that I frequently have with Alliant. I will have problems for days/weeks, try updating, deactivating, etc, and then it will magically start working again.
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    @'quicken jared'  Hi Jared. I am not alone. Is there anything that can be done?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mitch.trumpetwin
    Done...  But I get no error message. Thanks
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    Well 1 week of transactions just down loaded!
  • reedd
    reedd Member ✭✭
    I'm also experiencing the same problem
  • SeattleSummer76
    SeattleSummer76 Member ✭✭✭
    I can confirm I'm also not able to download Alliant Credit Union credit card transactions since somewhere around mid-April. Have tried all the usual things.
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    I originally had this problem.  On 4/22.. I de-activated all  the Alliant Credit Union accounts and then re-activated and then success. If you have not done that recently give it a shot. My downloads have been working for a week now.
  • SeattleSummer76
    SeattleSummer76 Member ✭✭✭
    > @mitch.trumpetwin said:
    > I originally had this problem.  On 4/22.. I de-activated all  the Alliant Credit Union accounts and then re-activated and then success. If you have not done that recently give it a shot. My downloads have been working for a week now.

Thank you for this. I had not tried this. I removed the download function from all of my Alliant accounts and then re-connected them and it did download my missing credit card transactions.

As an observation, the Alliant connection is not as reliable as any of my other financial institutions for some reason. I'll repost if it stops downloading transactions again.
This discussion has been closed.