Bill reminder repeats multiple times on the same date on calendar and projected balances

I had this problem months ago. One single bill reminder appears 3 times in the calendar view and on the projected balance report, falsely reducing the projected balance in both places. This is not linked to an online biller. Deleting only one from the calendar deletes all 3 reminders for that date.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Kerry said:
    I had this problem months ago. One single bill reminder appears 3 times in the calendar view and on the projected balance report, falsely reducing the projected balance in both places. This is not linked to an online biller. Deleting only one from the calendar deletes all 3 reminders for that date.
    Hello @Kerry

I am sorry to hear about this issue with duplicate Bill Reminders in the Calendar. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community in regards to this problem.

Are you noticing that duplicate reminders appear every time you try to add a new Reminder? Where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer.

I also want to remind you to be sure to save backups frequently by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Lastly, are the duplicates reappearing after you delete them? 

I look forward to hearing more from you about this, and I hope to work with you on this issue in the future, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Kerry
    Kerry Member ✭✭✭
    Jared, it is a reminder that has been in my file for a year and it just started the duplicate. It is not linked to an online biller just a stand alone reminder. It only appeared once until May 1. No appears in each month. I have looked at the future reminders and do not see anything unusual.
    I back up my files daily.
    Thanks
    Kerry
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Kerry,

Thank you for your response. 

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.