Fails when trying to install an update

Options
bitnerdr
bitnerdr Member
Quicken downloads and extracts the files, then stops with this error: 'C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\patch\quickenPatch\w4135\base\RPMMigration\MigrationTool.exe' because it is being used by another process.

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest you disable your real-time virus protection when you attempt to update Quicken.

To recover from the update error, you should perform a clean uninstall, install and update.  Normally, I would provide the support page on the topic but Quicken Support decided recently to archive the page.
  • bitnerdr
    bitnerdr Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That worked -- Thank you...

Answers

• bitnerdr
    bitnerdr Member
    Options
    Searched the hard drive and MigrationTool.exe does not exist on my PC?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you haven't already, I suggest you disable your real-time virus protection when you attempt to update Quicken.

To recover from the update error, you should perform a clean uninstall, install and update.  Normally, I would provide the support page on the topic but Quicken Support decided recently to archive the page.
  • bitnerdr
    bitnerdr Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That worked -- Thank you...
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bitnerdr said:
    Searched the hard drive and MigrationTool.exe does not exist on my PC?
    The path containing this file is within a series of temporary folders which only exist while the update program runs. When done with the update, failure or success, these folders are deleted.

This discussion has been closed.