How do I enter dividends paid in shares rather than cash?

Options
I enter my brokerage transactions manually. My latest statement reports a dividend of 80.0000 Schwab US Small-Cap ETF under "Other Security Transactions." There is no cash value assigned. Later that same month a cash dividend is reported. How do I enter the 80.0000 shares as a dividend?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Leslie Lewis,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question. 

I have located a FAQ that I believe you may find to be of use:

https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3216611

I hope these help!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    How many shares of SCHA did you have before this 80 share transaction?

The Schwab site for that ETF includes this message:
    Effective after market close on March 10, 2022, this ETF underwent a 2-for-1 forward share split, which increased the number of shares outstanding and decreased the Net Asset Value (NAV) per share. The share split did not impact returns or change the total value of a shareholder’s investment.  Schwab Asset Management has not adjusted the historical share price data.
    If you had 40 and received 80 on March 10, in Quicken this would be simply a Stock Split transaction, 2 new shares, for each 1 old shares.

EDIT - CORRECTION
    What I described above would be a 3:1 split,  The 2:1 split doubles the holdings, in this case from 80 to 160 shares.  My apologies for the error.
  • Leslie Lewis
    Leslie Lewis Member ✭✭
    Options
    A sincere "thank you" to both responders.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Leslie Lewis,

We are happy to help!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.