More download problems - Wells Fargo and Franklin Templeton

Don Awalt
Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
This morning, I get OL-297-A on my Wells Fargo account, all other accounts are fine. Then on my Mom's data file, she gets OL-293 on Franklin Templeton but her Wells Fargo works. Both are direct connect. Problem reports submitted for both.

What is going on with Quicken, there are download issues every week with a variety of FIs these days! It never used to be like this, is something going on behind the scenes?

This is becoming very unreliable. I am hoping for some stability or at least an explanation for Quicken as to what it going on. There is clearly more than just the isolated problem going on here. 

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited April 2022
    Hello @Don Awalt

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, we recommend that you please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error OL-297.

However, based on the volume of reports we have received about this error with Wells Fargo so far, we have also forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. We request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime!

Since you also mentioned error OL-293 with Franklin Templeton; please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific guidance found in this support article regarding this error.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Something is going on. I wish Quicken would be a little more transparent. Since March 31 I have had issues with Amex, Wells Fargo (multiple times), Franklin Templeton (now twice), PNC Bank (still broken), M&T Bank. All but PNC are Direct Connect. I have tried resets, deactivating/reactivating, sending problem reports, and nothing helps. 7 failures in 23 days. And oh by the way, call us on Monday. This is financial software?

This may scare you, if you read between the lines in the latest Apr 20 email from Eric Dunn:

"An area that almost all our users care about is reliable connectivity to their financial institutions: as users of the leading personal finance software products, our users rightfully expect the best connectivity available. Quicken has been well served by OFX ("Direct Connect") and Express WebConnect, and these systems will be with us for years to come. However, over the last year, we have kicked off three major initiatives to add additional connectivity paths between Quicken and Simplifi and your financial institutions. These are complex projects that need to be thoroughly tested and incrementally deployed, but we expect that you will see these improved connectivity methods becoming available in about 18 months. "

-- I sure hope they set some expectations, one could assume that this time of poor connectivity performance is going to persist for 18 months? If so I am sure I won't be a subscriber by then, I waste more time trying to get things working than just dealing directly with FI web sites. I love Quicken software, but this type of unreliability cannot continue.

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the reply  @Quicken Anja. However, I might suggest some communication other than boilerplate cut and paste is warranted. These are not just isolated unique occurrences. Since March 31 I have had download connectivity issues with Amex, Wells Fargo (multiple times), Franklin Templeton (now twice), PNC Bank (still broken), and M&T Bank. All but PNC are Direct Connect. I have tried resets, deactivating/reactivating, sending problem reports, and nothing helps. In some cases I pay for Direct Connect connectivity with the FI in addition to my Quicken subscription. This has become totally unreliable to use, and to treat these occurrences as anything other than a perception that something systemic is going on, is far from transparent and deserves some explanation. Without it, I expect users will eventually decide Quicken is incapable of reliable communication/download from FIs.
  • EllisGJ
    EllisGJ Member ✭✭✭
    I also reported the OL-297-A problem with Wells Fargo, but my comment was deleted from this discussion. Separately, I spoke with Wells Fargo online support; apparently the company is aware of an issue with Quicken at this time.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @EllisGJ,
    EllisGJ said:
    I also reported the OL-297-A problem with Wells Fargo, but my comment was deleted from this discussion. Separately, I spoke with Wells Fargo online support; apparently the company is aware of an issue with Quicken at this time.
    For clarification; your comment was not deleted. It was split with all the other Wells Fargo comments to this discussion here. The reason for the split is that this discussion also mentions another financial institution in its original post. Since we're receiving reports of the issue with Wells Fargo on a more widespread scale than that of the other financial institution mentioned, the comments were split into a separate discussion for organization and tracking purposes. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    Don Awalt said:
    This morning, I get OL-297-A on my Wells Fargo account, all other accounts are fine. Then on my Mom's data file, she gets OL-293 on Franklin Templeton but her Wells Fargo works. Both are direct connect. Problem reports submitted for both.

What is going on with Quicken, there are download issues every week with a variety of FIs these days! It never used to be like this, is something going on behind the scenes?

This is becoming very unreliable. I am hoping for some stability or at least an explanation for Quicken as to what it going on. There is clearly more than just the isolated problem going on here. 
    Quicken for Mac user here: having problems with Franklin-Templeton downloads beginning 4/22/2022. Our error codes are different than Windows users, though. I see a HTTP-502 error (bad gateway). Same result, though...cannot download F-T transactions.
  • Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    I've seen this before with Franklin-Templeton. Always on a weekend. It usually resolves itself by Monday. My guess is they are doing some kind of system updates. Don't know about Wells Fargo, not a customer.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Wells Fargo is in another thread now. F-T still not working for me this morning, hopefully by tomorrow it is working.
  • NebularNovice
    NebularNovice Member ✭✭
    F-T not working for me, but error code I get is OL-301-A
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    F-T worked for me this morning, but I just tried it again seeing your post @NebularNovice and now I get OL-301-A as well.
This discussion has been closed.