Why doesnt my Quicken account record bond purchase transactions?

Jay2456
Jay2456 Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Windows)
When I download transactions from my Fidelity account, purchases of muni bonds are not recorded as transactions. The newly purchased bonds appear in the securities list as 'Unclassified' (which I edit) but not in the Fidelity account transaction register. FYI, I am using Windows 10 and latest Quicken Version R37.64 Build 27.1.37.64.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate to tell you, but you are way behind in the Quicken release updates, you are not close to the "latest".
    The latest version of US Quicken for Windows is found here: https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.40.13MPatch.EXE

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd advise against downloading R40.13.  Too many issues.  I'm still running R39.23

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    @Jay2456 When you download those Bond Buys from  Fido, what value appears in the ACTION column of your Investment register or the Download preview window?
    Does the Cash position in your account change?

• Jay2456
    Jay2456 Member ✭✭
    When I download transactions thru Direct Connect from Fidelity, nothing shows up in the transaction register for bond purchases. However, other transactions DO appear in the register such as interest earned, reinvested dividends, ETFs.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you "Automatically Accept" downloaded transactions into your account registers? Click EDIT, Preferences and "Downloaded Transactions". IF those 2 "Automatically Add" options  at the top are checked, then UNCheck them.
    THEN the next time that you  download from any bank/broker/etc you'll get  a "downloaded transactions preview" pane below your register. 
    THAT is what I  was inquiring about, not the register itself.
    BTW, I'm a Fidelity customer also ... and I consider them to be the "Gold Standard" for supporting Q.

This discussion has been closed.