Entering stock prices from portfolio should use the view date, not current date

Alan T.
Alan T. Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
Defaulting to the current date makes it cumbersome to change prices at a different date, such as the end of the previous month to match financial statements. By using the view date (data as of), the price on any date, including the current date, could be easily updated.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Alan T. said:
    Defaulting to the current date makes it cumbersome to change prices at a different date, such as the end of the previous month to match financial statements. By using the view date (data as of), the price on any date, including the current date, could be easily updated.
    Hello @Allan T.

I am sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the date options with respect to investments. Thank you for bringing this subject up for discussion here on the Quicken Community.

I would like to draw your attention to the prospect of submitting 'Idea' posts. Users can submit suggestions and recommendations for features they wish to see implemented in future updates via Idea posts, which are then voted on by the Quicken Community. Depending on their popularity, the proposed feature may then be turned over to the development team for further consideration. You can read more about submitting Ideas in the thread linked here.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Alan T. Since this is a brand new feature in the version 6.7 release, I suggest you post this comment in the version 6.7 release announcement thread. The developers typically monitor that thread in the first week or so after a new release to see if users are reporting problems, so this can be an opportunity to get your suggestion about tweaking this new feature in front of the right people quickly. :)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Alan T.
    Alan T. Member ✭✭
    Thanks, I added my comment to the release announcement thread. I previously looked for a place to leave a feature request but didn't find one. I now see the Product Ideas thread where I cold have posted it.
This discussion has been closed.