Is anyone else having problems with Triangle MasterCard (Q Win Canada)

sb8301450-misc
sb8301450-misc Member ✭✭✭
Is anyone else having issues with Triangle MasterCard (Canada) getting the following message when attempting to download data:

Quicken is unable to complete your request.[OL-221-A]

[OL-221-B]

I followed the suggestions for this error and tried it on the next day. The problem is still there.

I have run the verification option and still no solution.

I am currently running Quicken Deluxe Version: R33.7, Build 27.1.33.7 CANADIAN Edition

Thanks.
SWJB

Best Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing these errors with Triangle Mastercard.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is now considered a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Is anyone else having issues with Triangle MasterCard (Canada) getting the following message when attempting to download data:

Quicken is unable to complete your request.[OL-221-A]

[OL-221-B]

I followed the suggestions for this error and tried it on the next day. The problem is still there.

I have run the verification option and still no solution.

I am currently running Quicken Deluxe Version: R33.7, Build 27.1.33.7 CANADIAN Edition

Thanks.
    Hello @sb8301450-misc,             

I am sorry to hear about this error message received upon downloads. Thank you for bringing this matter before the Quicken Community.

Regarding this error message, have you also tried refreshing your account data using the steps provided below?

1. Open Tools > One Step Update Summary to find the bank where this OL error is presented. Also, verify the exact error code you are getting to confirm it is one of the errors covered here.
    2. Open the register for this bank account.
    3. Click Account Actions (button or gear icon) at the top right of the register.

Error Message OL-220 OL-221 OL-222 OL-223 OL-224 OL-225 or OL-226 When Using Online Services

1. Select Update Now.
    Also, what connection method are you making use of, currently? You can check this anytime by going to Tools > Account List in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then click on the Edit button next to the account(s) associated with Triangle Mastercard. Navigate to the Online Services tab in the window that appears, and then look to the Online Setup callout box for the connection method. 

I hope to hear more from you about this issue. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest that you contact Q Support since you've already done what I'd suggest.  The link to Support is at the top of this page.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Same problem today with same version :s
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem today with same version :s
    Hello @RobertQuevillon

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by what appears to be the same issue. Thank you for reaching out to us in this discussion thread here on the Quicken Community.

Were you able to see the responses given above regarding this problem? What steps have you taken to resolve the issue, and what connection method are you making use of?

Also, have you had an opportunity to reach out to Triangle Mastercard, per @NotACPA's recommendation? If so, what response did you receive?

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Garrett1972
    Garrett1972 Member ✭✭
    I have the exact issue and this has also been posted in the Mac forum, it appears to most likely be on Canadian Tire's side.
  • thunderfoot
    thunderfoot Member
    I am having the same issue with the Triangle MasterCard and Q Home and Business 33.7, getting error OL-221-A. I download the .qfx directly from the Triangle website and double-click it in my downloads folder since I have found that the Update All nor Web Connect tend to not work in Canada.
  • IanW
    IanW Member ✭✭
    Same issue here. All other accounts update fine. Canadian Tire Mastercard quicken download and import creates the error. First popped up for me on the 28th when I tried. Tried again on the 29th and still not working.
  • dwcarr
    dwcarr Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue, started on the 28th, also been through all the steps, stopped short of deleting the account because I have 20 years of history. I have the same error code, surprised this doesn't identify the problem.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing these errors with Triangle Mastercard.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is now considered a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• rab
    rab Member ✭✭
    Same problem here.
  • Jabrunet
    Jabrunet Member
    Same issue here. All other accounts update fine. Canadian Tire Mastercard quicken download and import creates the error. First popped up for me on the 27th when I tried. Tried again on the 28th and 29th, still not working. I have contacted the Canadian Tire Bank, I am awaiting a response or update from Canadian Tire Bank.
  • Andrew_64
    Andrew_64 Member
    I am also having the same problem as of the evening of 29 April. Been having it for a few days now.
  • Lyndeezee
    Lyndeezee Unconfirmed, Member
    I am also having this problem. Have tried suggestions here but still receive error.
  • Same problem here with Canadian Tire Mastercard current period downloads. Oddly enough the prior periods seem to work ok.
  • Andrew_64
    Andrew_64 Member
    I have been having this problem for a couple of days. I finally compared a qfx file I downloaded from Canadian Tire on 1 May, with an older one that I knew worked. The qfx files being downloaded from Canadian Tire are not properly formatted, They are missing the <TRNTYPE>DEBIT flags. I was able to manually edit one of the faulty qfx files using Notepad. Adding the line <TRNTYPE>DEBIT between <STMTTRN> and <DTPOSTED>2022********** lines at least allows the corrected qfx file to be entered into Quicken. Its not a convenient solution, and it won;t work for the Web Connect. The permanent fix is at Canadian Tire's end, but manually editing the files does work as long as they are fairly simple. Note that you probably don't want to enter <TRNTYPE>DEBIT for a refund on your card, but I don't know what the proper flag would be for that.
  • Thanks Andrew_64. It works fine for both debit and refund.
  • IanW
    IanW Member ✭✭
    Worked for me too, thanks Andrew_64. i used control F to scroll through each instance of <STMTTRN> and then pasted the <TRNTYPE>DEBIT entry. Didn't take too long.
  • sb8301450-misc
    I did the suggestion and it worked for me too. I also had a credit so I changed the <TRNTYPE>DEBIT to
    <TRNTYPE>CREDIT for my credit entry. Worked perfectly.

Thank you Andrew_64
    SWJB
  • Kristynowell
    Kristynowell Member
    Andrew 64 seems to have a good work around, my question is how do I resave the file it didn't seem to work for me
  • sb8301450-misc
    As for saving the file, I gave it a different name, then clicked on it and it went right into quicken.

Hope that helps, Kristynowell.
    SWJB
  • LoyalUser1
    LoyalUser1 Member
    I have the same issue. Has anyone contacted Canadian Tire about this?
  • LoyalUser1
    LoyalUser1 Member
    Andrew_64 does the <TRNTYPE>DEBIT or <TRNTYPE>CREDIT have to be entered for each transaction?
  • Andrew_64
    Andrew_64 Member
    Yes. For every transaction you must add the <TRNTYPE>DEBIT line between between the <STMTTRN> and <DTPOSTED>2022********** lines.
  • Yes, CT is aware of the problem and they are working on it....
  • tomsobby
    tomsobby Unconfirmed ✭✭
    I can confirm as of today, the downloaded QFX file, from CT, contains the <TRNTYPE>DEBIT line and the transactions import successfully into Quicken.
  • Garrett1972
    Garrett1972 Member ✭✭
    I was going to comment as well, yesterday afternoon it worked properly for me as well, so it seems like this issue may be fixed finally.
  • sb8301450-misc
    Hi. I too have now found it to be working. 

Thanks to all for getting this fixed.
    SWJB
  • dwcarr
    dwcarr Member ✭✭
    One more confirmation, thanks all, and especially the CT team
This discussion has been closed.