Transfering data between 2 Quicken files on same computer

How do I move / reference data from one quicken file to another quicken file. Here is the issue. I have a file that I'm using for a small business. I have bought things for that business using a non-business credit card. I also move money from my personal account into the business account. I want to keep the information in that personal account but I also want to reference that information/data in the business account. Can that be done?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @moonshine

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question. 

Unfortunately, there is no way to automatically interchange data between two files, however, you could either create manual transactions in each file representing the respective information or you may add memos/notes within each file to represent the data. 

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    > @moonshine said:
    > How do I move / reference data from one quicken file to another quicken file. Here is the issue. I have a file that I'm using for a small business. I have bought things for that business using a non-business credit card. I also move money from my personal account into the business account. I want to keep the information in that personal account but I also want to reference that information/data in the business account. Can that be done?

Can I ask why you are using two different data files? You can do what you want to do while keeping everything in one data file...
  • moonshine
    moonshine Member ✭✭
    Keeping everything in one file could be done but I'm attempting to keep a small business independent of everything else. I have a separate business checking account and credit cards but I may end up keeping it all in one place to move funds from my personal to business and back again.
This discussion has been closed.