cc-800 error - one of my deactivated accounts shows this error.

Suddenly, for no apparent reason, one of my deactivated accounts shows this error. I have not restored from backup.
Since it is a closed account, I can not deactivate it and follow the fix that I have found. Deactivate, validate data file, super-validate data file, reactivate.

Thanks,
Andrew T

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @bluefluidmotion,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error with a closed account. 

First, I suggest restoring from a previous backup that was created before you began receiving the CC-800 error with your closed account. You may follow this link that provides information regarding saving and restoring from backups. 

Please do keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• bluefluidmotion
    bluefluidmotion Member ✭✭
    There is no other option to get rid of this?
    My previous backup is from a week ago!
    The account is a closed account. Can I just delete it and be done with it?

AT
  • bluefluidmotion
    And why did it happen and how do I prevent this from happening again?
  • bluefluidmotion
    OK, I restored from backup from a week ago and the error was still there.
    I restored it back to today so that I wouldn't have to re-input all of the data.

Andrew T
  • bluefluidmotion
    What is the next option?

Andrew T
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since this account no longer has any online connection - how is it generating a CC-800 error ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @bluefluidmotion,

You can delete the account, however, this will delete all the saved data for that account. You can delete the account by right-clicking on the account > Edit/Delete account > Delete Account. 

As for what caused this error to occur, we cannot be sure unless we were to investigate your logs and look further into the situation.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• bluefluidmotion
    Jasmine,
    I would prefer not to delete this account.
    I sent the logs yesterday from Quicken, so you should have them.
    Thank you very much for your help.
    Andrew T
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @bluefluidmotion,

Thank you for your response and for uploading your logs.

We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I do apologize that I could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.