Chase Business Credit Cards downloading transactions - master account

karen m
karen m Member ✭✭✭
So for years Chase Business Credit Cards have downloaded seemlessly into Quicken even though there are multiple credit cards with different numbers on the same account. Somehow Quicken was able to link the different cards to the master account in quicken which is what you need to reconcile the accounts. Since the March statement this is not the case and I have since talked with chase who deactivate and reactivated my account online and I have talked to Quicken support where we tried to deactivate online access and reactivate as well. Neither worked. Something appears to have changed in Chase that makes it so it doesn't link to the master account on download. So either I have to download them all separately and move them into the master (this is how I do it with Ban kof America) or just not even try to reconcile.
If anyone knows a better work around or has figured out how to make it work like it used to, please let me know. I am using Quicken Home, Business & Rental on Windows 10 Pro.
Thanks
K

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    karen m said:
    So for years Chase Business Credit Cards have downloaded seemlessly into Quicken even though there are multiple credit cards with different numbers on the same account. Somehow Quicken was able to link the different cards to the master account in quicken which is what you need to reconcile the accounts. Since the March statement this is not the case and I have since talked with chase who deactivate and reactivated my account online and I have talked to Quicken support where we tried to deactivate online access and reactivate as well. Neither worked. Something appears to have changed in Chase that makes it so it doesn't link to the master account on download. So either I have to download them all separately and move them into the master (this is how I do it with Ban kof America) or just not even try to reconcile.
    If anyone knows a better work around or has figured out how to make it work like it used to, please let me know. I am using Quicken Home, Business & Rental on Windows 10 Pro.
    Thanks
    K
    Hello @karen m,    

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with account downloads. Thank you for seeking assistance here on the Quicken Community. 

Are you currently making use of any Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), pop-up blockers, antivirus software, or firewalls? It may be necessary to remove or disable these as they can occasionally cause connectivity issues that prevent transactions from downloading.

Also, what connection method are you currently making use of to link your accounts? You can check this anytime by going to Tools > Account List... and then clicking the Edit button in the rows associated with your Chase Business Credit Card accounts. After this, navigate to the Online Services tab; the information regarding connection method should be available here.

I am eager to hear your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • karen m
    karen m Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reply. I do have some adblockers on some of my browsers and also primarily use brave as my browser which has some sort of filter. Which one should I disable? I mean does quicken use a particular browser to update? I am not using a vpn but I do wonder sometimes if my router is blocking things though I don't know how to actually check that. The thing is this has never been a problem before March of this year and I haven't change anything myself that I was doing previously.
    As far as connection type both the business chase cards mast accounts that I have are set to direct connect. The credit card numbers under these master accounts are not activated at all. This is the way it has always worked in the past and been fine. Basically all the credit card numbers are really one account and all should feed into the master account in quicken. I am able to do this with our other business credit cards except for Bank of america which has never worked right.
  • karen m
    karen m Member ✭✭✭
    right now though it appears I am having another issue that everyone else is having with Chase. I can't even download any new transactions and am getting a popup window when try the update now that says Online Update for This Account. It seems to want me to change the password but I don't want to change it. It still shows the password is in the Vault.
  • Quicken Jared
    karen m said:
    Thanks for your reply. I do have some adblockers on some of my browsers and also primarily use brave as my browser which has some sort of filter. Which one should I disable? I mean does quicken use a particular browser to update? I am not using a vpn but I do wonder sometimes if my router is blocking things though I don't know how to actually check that. The thing is this has never been a problem before March of this year and I haven't change anything myself that I was doing previously.
    As far as connection type both the business chase cards mast accounts that I have are set to direct connect. The credit card numbers under these master accounts are not activated at all. This is the way it has always worked in the past and been fine. Basically all the credit card numbers are really one account and all should feed into the master account in quicken. I am able to do this with our other business credit cards except for Bank of america which has never worked right.
    @karen m

I am sorry that these issues are ongoing, and that you are now experiencing an issue with update prompts preventing transaction downloads. Thank you for seeking assistance here on the Quicken Community. 

While it is out of my scope to provide a great deal of browser troubleshooting, I do know that all known browsers should be compatible with Quicken online banking and with the Web app; there are no known issues with Brave. I would refer you to this article for more information about Brave's third-party cosmetic filter, as well this article as how to disable adblocking systems on Brave. For further information you may need to reach out to Brave support, or reference additional articles.

Likewise, I cannot speak to the troubleshooting steps or specific configuration instructions for your router, but it may benefit you to locate the model of the router, itself, and do some research about proper settings for your personal software's online connectivity. Again, the support line associated with the router manufacturer may need to be reached out to for additional advice. 

Lastly, try opening a 'test' file in your Quicken application by going to File > New Quicken File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, select New Quicken File and click OK. Finally, select a location on your computer to save your new data file, and click Save. Attempt to add your Chase accounts, exclusively, by going to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper left-hand corner of the screen and then enter your credentials as prompted. I am eager to hear about whether or not you experiencing any of these same issues in the test data file. 

I hope to hear your response, and I look forward to any updates you may be able to provide.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    This is a known problem, that was caused by a change from Chase.
    Only Chase can fix it.  See this thread:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909960/chase-business-credit-card-want-two-card-numbers-to-be-in-one-account
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • karen m
    karen m Member ✭✭✭
    Just so you know this is an actual Chase issue and they did confirm it that they have disabled the feature to be able to download all subaccounts into one register in Quicken. Thanks Chase 😑
  • Quicken Jared
    karen m said:
    Just so you know this is an actual Chase issue and they did confirm it that they have disabled the feature to be able to download all subaccounts into one register in Quicken. Thanks Chase 😑
    Hello @karen m

I appreciate you bringing this information to light, and for checking back in with us to inform us about your discovery. I do apologize that we were unable to come to a resolution from the Quicken Community, itself.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    The work around appears to be to use the Web Connect connection method.
  • karen m
    karen m Member ✭✭✭
    So you mean to go online and download each card transactions and add them to the master card account? Yeah, not really a work around. Just work.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    karen m said:
    So you mean to go online and download each card transactions and add them to the master card account? Yeah, not really a work around. Just work.
    No.  My understanding is that you should still be able to download the complete account - not just the individual accounts.
  • acentam
    acentam Member ✭✭
    +1 on this issue. Can Quicken provide an issue name or ticket number for us to reference with Chase tech support? If this is indeed on the Chase side of the API I am disappointed they made this change without alerting customers. I cannot spend the time copying transactions over between cardholders to make the master account reconcile only to lose all of the category accounting data from that user’s transactions. This is a breaking change and will make me switch banks.
  • acentam
    acentam Member ✭✭
    Posting to the other thread to consolidate responses.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909960/chase-business-credit-card-want-two-card-numbers-to-be-in-one-account
This discussion has been closed.