Pop up when I open Quicken

tabloidtrisha
tabloidtrisha Member ✭✭
The pop up says I won't be able to access JP Morgan Chase account from Saturday May 4 to Sunday May 5 due to maintenance. Those dates are not right. I sent a message to Chase and they figured it was some sort of virus. So, I don't get other popups except when I log into Quicken. Anybody else experiencing this issue.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    The pop up says I won't be able to access JP Morgan Chase account from Saturday May 4 to Sunday May 5 due to maintenance. Those dates are not right. I sent a message to Chase and they figured it was some sort of virus. So, I don't get other popups except when I log into Quicken. Anybody else experiencing this issue.
    Hello @tabloidtrisha

I am sorry to hear about this issue with unfamiliar pop-ups. Thank you for inquiring about this problem here on the Quicken Community. 

When does this message appear; when you are running One Step Updates, or when you open the program? Also, is there any way you can provide a screenshot of this message as it is being displayed in your application? You can follow the instructions provided in the thread linked here in order to submit a screenshot. Note that you can also drag and drop images into the comment before it is posted. 

I look forward to seeing your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • tabloidtrisha
    tabloidtrisha Member ✭✭
    Hi Quicken Jared. The popup occurs after running One Step Updates.
  • tabloidtrisha
    tabloidtrisha Member ✭✭
    It comes up in the middle of the screen. I didn't want to display any other info in the screenshot. When I click OK then the popup closes and I see the results of the One Step Updates.
  • Quicken Jared
    It comes up in the middle of the screen. I didn't want to display any other info in the screenshot. When I click OK then the popup closes and I see the results of the One Step Updates.
    Hello @tabloidtrisha

I really appreciate you providing me with that helpful screenshot, and for continuing to work with me on this problem. I am sorry for any continuing stress or confusion this message may be causing.

It is common for financial institutions to undertake maintenance online banking connections from time to time. For the time being, I would operate under the assumption that this will take place under the time interval specified in the message. If you are continuing to see this message after those dates have passed, try clicking the box next to 'Don't show this message again' at the bottom of the screen. 

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Quicken Jared the dates in the message are wrong. May 4th is Wednesday, not Saturday.  Something else is happening here.
    And, in Star Wars fashion, "May the 4th be with you"

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• tabloidtrisha
    tabloidtrisha Member ✭✭
    Yes @quickenjared the dates are not correct in the popup. also there is a typo. Maybe I should check my computer for virus or malware. I'm not experiencing any other problems with other programs.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Quicken Jared
    Yes @quickenjared the dates are not correct in the popup. also there is a typo. Maybe I should check my computer for virus or malware. I'm not experiencing any other problems with other programs.
    @tabloidtrisha

I see what you are referring to, now. I do apologize for my earlier confusion about the exact nature of the issue, and I appreciate your patience, and for providing further clarification about this message with incorrect weekdays being displayed.

@NotACPA Thank you for your help in clarifying the problem, as well.

I have forwarded the details about this message with incorrect date information to the proper channels for further investigation. I do hope to hear more from you if you notice any related issues emerging, and if this message is not dismissed - as it should be - after you select the menu option mentioned in my previous comment.

I hope to hear any possible updates you may have.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • tabloidtrisha
    tabloidtrisha Member ✭✭
    > @mshiggins said:
    > This out-of-date pop up was discussed here:
    >
    > https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7912650/r40-21-need-to-update-message-after-updating

The popup I am experiencing is different from the ones referenced in your link. Thanks
  • tabloidtrisha
    tabloidtrisha Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > @tabloidtrisha

> I have forwarded the details about this message with incorrect date information to the proper channels for further investigation. I do hope to hear more from you if you notice any related issues emerging, and if this message is not dismissed - as it should be - after you select the menu option mentioned in my previous comment.
    >
    > I hope to hear any possible updates you may have.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

The popup disappeared after I applied the check mark. I also installed the update. I really wish Synchrony Bank still allowed Direct connect downloads. It was much easier. I know this is off topic but it relates to one of the new features in the update.
This discussion has been closed.