when i try to download my banking info i get OL-227, Q Win Canada after R 40.21 update

beathorne
beathorne Member ✭✭
Dowloaded transactions are in a currency other than US dollars. Online banking can be used with accounts in US dolllars only . [OL-227-A] I am in Canada and have latest update...how can i get it to accept my banking downloads in Canadian dollars i have had no trouble like this and have had Quicken for years?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• beathorne
    beathorne Member ✭✭
    also getting HTTP_400 when i try to do a one step update
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    beathorne said:
    Dowloaded transactions are in a currency other than US dollars. Online banking can be used with accounts in US dolllars only . [OL-227-A] I am in Canada and have latest update...how can i get it to accept my banking downloads in Canadian dollars i have had no trouble like this and have had Quicken for years?
    Hello @beathorne

I am sorry to hear about this issue with online connections and currency type. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

Do you know which financial institution is connected with the accounts being affected by this OL-227-A error message? Also, is this error affecting more than one account? Lastly, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then go through the steps provided below:

1. Open Tools > One Step Update Summary to find the bank where this OL error is presented. Also, verify the exact error code you are getting to confirm it is one of the errors covered here.
    2. Open the register for this bank account.
    3. Click Account Actions (button or gear icon) at the top right of the register.

Error Message OL-220 OL-221 OL-222 OL-223 OL-224 OL-225 or OL-226 When Using Online Services

1. Select Update Now.
    You can read more about this specific error message in the Support Article linked here

Regarding the currency of your transactions, is this problem also affecting only one account, and if so, which financial institution is associated?

I look forward to hearing your response, and I hope to help you further, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • beathorne
    beathorne Member ✭✭
    Hi Jared
    Still getting error when trying to download from RBC and CIBC accounts , both accounts are Express Web connect. Also i have turned off my VPN. Same error both accounts ola227-a

Brian
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    beathorne said:
    Hi Jared
    Still getting error when trying to download from RBC and CIBC accounts , both accounts are Express Web connect. Also i have turned off my VPN. Same error both accounts ola227-a

Brian
    Hello @beathorne,

Thank you for bringing me the answers to my earlier questions, and for providing me additional information about the situation. I am sorry that this trouble with error messages is continuing.

Given your connection method, and the persisting nature of this issue, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support using the information provided in this link. They will be able to investigate and troubleshoot in more depth with the resources at their disposal. 

Feel free to offer us any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • gvincent
    gvincent Member
    Opened Quicken Canada this morning for the first time in a week. An update was automatically installed and then I am getting this same error "Downloaded transactions are in a currency other than US dollars. Online banking can be used with accounts in US dollars only . [OL-227-A]"
  • cifellc
    cifellc Member
    My quicken was just updated and the same thing happened. Same error message. Everything was working fine before this update. Please fix this buggy release ASAP. As more people get this update the worst it will be. I have release R40.28
  • MKKK
    MKKK Unconfirmed, Member
    My Quicken was just updated and I get the OL-227-A error when trying to download transactions. Contacted support and they don't seem to know how to solve this issue just yet.
  • Rick_J
    Rick_J Member
    Same issue. Very Frustrating
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• EWP
    EWP Member
    Same issue. Bank is CIBC.
  • slice
    slice Member ✭✭
    Same issue. Bank is Tangerine.

Not impressed that a problem like this has been unresolved for so long. Testing should have detected this before release of software.

Quicken, any update and / ETA?
  • beathorne
    beathorne Member ✭✭
    still having download issues with RBC bank....CIBC now ok....is there still an issue with RBC downloads??
  • beathorne
    beathorne Member ✭✭
    still having issues...
  • PhilipBr
    PhilipBr Member
    Same problem here with TD Bank Canada....
  • PhilipBr
    PhilipBr Member
    BTW The "report a problem" listed in this thread now also fails and loses all the info you typed in.
  • PhilipBr
    PhilipBr Member
    CIBC doesn't work for me either. This upgrade has made the application useless for me now.
  • Clevas
    Clevas Member
    Same error message here. OL 227-B error with downloads from BMO. Very frustrating.
  • BWPaul
    BWPaul Member
    edited May 2022
    Same [Removed - Profanity] for me using BMO... had this product for over 10 years!!!
    well done...
  • BWPaul
    BWPaul Member
    edited May 2022
    Your update a few years ago ruined my :s:s ability to use the Automated update feature... I've been using the QFX feature as a work around WITH ZERO ISSUES right up till late last week...
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines] there is nothing wrong with the file from my bank.... [Removed - Speculation/Rant]

Web Connect (Importing a QFX file from your bank's website) - Receiving this error when downloading a QFX file directly from your bank's website indicates an issue with the file itself. You will need to contact your bank to resolve this issue.
  • Susan R.
    Susan R. Member
    As of May 20, 2022 this is still an issue and I just updated my subscription to find this out - grrrrr. I use 3 different financial institutions a Credit Union, PC Financial and RBC and get the error for all 3. I can't even submit an error report as requested above. ANY ETA at all? Can a rollback be put out?

This is completely unacceptable - there are more currencies than USD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • slice
    slice Member ✭✭
    It may have something to do with the fact your subscription is coming due. I cancelled my renewal effective June 1st but downloaded the new version and got this error.

I ended up downloading the previous version and patch as per message pop up from Quicken and it fixed my problem. Not sure if this is going to work for others.

Here's the instructions:

https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has-1
  • I was having that problem. signed out and signed back in (Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID& Cloud Accounts>sign in as a different user) and it went away. Seemed to be triggered by the update to R40.28.
  • Nana Baba
    Nana Baba Member
    Good day all, I followed stephenstbruno's advice and everything is back to rights. When you sign back in, the default is US $$ and simply change to CANADA :) Good luck!
  • ejy1
    ejy1 Member
    I am not been able to have my Canadian bank accounts (Smplii and Scotia) download into Quicken since a mandatory update of Quicken ab'out 2 weeks ago. It is very aggrivating. Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.