PayPal bank and PayPal credit card

Options
Charlie Davies
Charlie Davies Member ✭✭✭
I have created two PayPal accounts in Quicken. One is for the PayPal bank (cash account), the other is for the PayPal credit card issued by Synchrony Bank. I'm trying to determine if I have them configured correctly. When accessing these accounts via the web, I have to go to PayPal.com to access both accounts. I don't have a unique login for the credit card. PayPal.com sends me to Synchrony for the credit card details and is obviously passing login credentials to Synchrony.

How should these two accounts be configured for online access (web connect) in Quicken?

Until recently, things seemed to work reasonably well. Over the last two weeks, the credit card has been failing to download new transactions (CC-301, CC-800 errors). The bank side seems to work well.

On occasion, the PayPal bank would receive transactions that were made on the credit card. I would have to manual cut and paste them from one account to the other.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I have created two PayPal accounts in Quicken. One is for the PayPal bank (cash account), the other is for the PayPal credit card issued by Synchrony Bank. I'm trying to determine if I have them configured correctly. When accessing these accounts via the web, I have to go to PayPal.com to access both accounts. I don't have a unique login for the credit card. PayPal.com sends me to Synchrony for the credit card details and is obviously passing login credentials to Synchrony.

How should these two accounts be configured for online access (web connect) in Quicken?

Until recently, things seemed to work reasonably well. Over the last two weeks, the credit card has been failing to download new transactions (CC-301, CC-800 errors). The bank side seems to work well.

On occasion, the PayPal bank would receive transactions that were made on the credit card. I would have to manual cut and paste them from one account to the other.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Hello @Charlie Davies,         

I do apologize about these issues with error messages and transaction downloads. Thank you for seeking assistance here on the Quicken Community.

Currently, there is an Open Alert regarding Paypal accounts that involves missing transactions and is likely related to the situation you are describing. You can view the thread linked here for any additional information or future updates.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There appear to be two different entries for creating PayPal accounts - not sure how you have setup your Quicken accounts -
    69363    69363    69363    PayPal    https://www.paypal.com/us/home    1-888-221-1161
    https://www.paypal.com/us/home    ACTIVE     
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT
    69364    69364    69364    PayPal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto    http://www.bank.com
    402-935-2050    http://www.bank.com    ACTIVE     
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• AverageIdahoGuy
    Options
    What concerns me about the second entry for Paypal credit is the web address associated with it www.bank.com is not correct and if you try to go to that site, it says its for sale! Are we actually passing login credentials to Paypal, or is there a man-in-the-middle attack going on here!?!?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AverageIdahoGuy said: What concerns me about the second entry for Paypal Credit .....
    I have passed that along to the Admins

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited May 2022
    Options
    RESOLVED

Hello @Ps56k2 and @AverageIdahoGuy,

Thank you for bringing this URL to our attention. 

I have forwarded this error along to the proper channels to be investigated and updated with the correct URL. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!
    (CTP-3756)

RESOLVED

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• chiefusnret99
    chiefusnret99 Member ✭✭
    Options
    THIS IS NOT RESOLVEDj!!! Direct connect/download for Paypal Credit is broken. I have to manually export from Paypal Credit (Syncrony Bank - Paypal Credit). I deactivated and tried to create a new connector and it no longer works. You can only get to the Paypal Credit site via the "regular" Paypal pages.
  • chiefusnret99
    chiefusnret99 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Looks like a new connector has been added for Paypal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto. Seems to work.
  • Charlie Davies
    Charlie Davies Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    The new connector "Paypal Credit, MasterCard and Crypto" does work. If you have the old connector, it does not work. You will need to deactivate the online services in the existing account, then add a new PayPal Credit Card account to get the new connector. During the "Add", link the new account to your existing account.
This discussion has been closed.