Can debits be RED & Credits be GREEN in the Upcoming Bills and Income section of Projected Balances

Can debits be RED & Credits be GREEN in the Upcoming Bills and Income section of Projected Balances?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you like to see this change?

Red and black is the standard elsewhere in Quicken and also in accounting, dating back to when typewriter ribbons offered those two colors
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Daryl M.
    Daryl M. Member ✭✭
    You are absolutely right, and I would be happy with that. But now both debits/credits are showing the same color (on my machine as BLUE). I also see black for those entries (both debits and credits) that do not have the ACTION ARROW in the leftmost column (e.g. future transactions) - I'm fine with that. Just make all negative entries RED and I'd be happy!
  • Jim_Harman
    edited May 2022
    OK I see what you are saying.

[major edit after further study]

In the Planning > Projected Balances Upcoming Bills and Income table, the amounts for the next instance of a Reminder and overdue Reminders are blue. That is because you can click on them and it takes you to a window where you can adjust the Reminder.

But there is an almost identical version of this table at Bills and Income > Projected Balances. For some reason this version does not show overdue bills. That table is also printable.

I think there should only be one version of the table and it should be printable and exportable and show both upcoming and overdue reminders. Because all the necessary editing can be done via the action arrows, the numbers should be black and red and not clickable.

See also this recent discussion
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7912900/is-there-a-print-feature-in-planning-tool-for-projected-balances

• Daryl M.
    Daryl M. Member ✭✭
    HI Jim - thanks for weighing in on this. I went to the Planning Tab but do not see the reports you referenced? My issue as you saw, is the version on the "Bills and Income Tab"==> Projected Balances ==>Upcoming Bills. Is there a way to make this an official request to change? Thanks!
  • Jim_Harman
    Sorry for the confusion - To see the alternate version of Projected Balances, go to the View menu above the tabs and select Classic Menus. This enables a Planning menu above the tabs and Projected Balances is under that. The alternate version looks like an old version, from before the tabs were implemented.

Yet another way to see Projected Balances is in the Home tab "Classic Dashboard" (not the new Dashboard). That version includes overdue items, like the alternate version above, and the table is optional.

All these UI options can be very confusing!
This discussion has been closed.