why is citi card posting payments but not purchase transactions

cabernet
cabernet Member ✭✭
i have seen discussion about related Citi snafu's but i have yet to see or hear of any resolution

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    cabernet said:
    i have seen discussion about related Citi snafu's but i have yet to see or hear of any resolution
    Hello @cabernet

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with missing transactions. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community about this problem.

Are you noticing missing transactions after a One Step Update, or after attempting to import QFX files? When did this issue begin? 

Currently, there is an Open Alert I would like to draw your attention to regarding Citibank and Citi cards that seems relevant to the situation you are describing. Any available updates will be included in the thread linked here.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • cabernet
    cabernet Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply,
    the problem began in early March when one step updates stopped posting purchase transactions while
    continuing to post payments to the account.
    The qfx file import did nothing more than to force creation of a new account for this card in quicken, I simply cannot use this account until it is resolved, very very frustrating
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    cabernet said:
    Thanks for the reply,
    the problem began in early March when one step updates stopped posting purchase transactions while
    continuing to post payments to the account.
    The qfx file import did nothing more than to force creation of a new account for this card in quicken, I simply cannot use this account until it is resolved, very very frustrating
    @cabernet,    

I do apologize about this ongoing problem with missing purchase transactions, and for any distress it has caused. Thank you for keeping in communications with me about this issue.

Regarding the QFX file imports, you would first have to deactivate the previously linked account, and then choose the option Link to an existing account in the Add Account window when prompted. First, save a backup by going into the upper menu at the top of the screens and navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... then follow the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to Tools > Account List
    2. Click the Edit button in the row associated with the Citi credit account
    3. Navigate to the Online Services tab
    4. Click Deactivate
    5. Click Yes
    You would then navigate to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' icon in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Enter your credentials as prompted after selecting the 'instance' of Citi that you normally would. Again, when prompted, avoid the ADD action and choose to LINK the account to an existing account instead.

I look forward to hearing about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• cabernet
    cabernet Member ✭✭
    Thanks Jared,
    I have repeated those steps and few times to no avail, the online balance updates but the quicken register does not.
    I am not using that account until this gets straightened out, frustrating
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • cabernet
    cabernet Member ✭✭
    sadly this is a well known issue specific to Citi which Quicken knows about and has stepped up
    development of a fix,
    Its been going on since March for me
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have a Costco Citi credit card that has no problems.  It is setup with the financial institution of “Citi Cards” (not Citibank) and with a connection type of Direct Connect.  If you are using Citibank/Express Web Connect consider switching to Citi Cards/Direct Connect if possible.  Note that on the Citi Cards website you have to authorize Direct Connect.  On the Manage Desktop apps web page (direct link: https://online.citi.com/US/ag/ofxConsentPage )

And be sure to select the Advanced Options in the add account dialog to select Direct Connect.  You might also find a “improve connection” link on the Online Services tab in the Account Details for doing the change over instead of deactivating and using Tools -> Add Account (and linking to the existing Quicken account when asked).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • cabernet
    cabernet Member ✭✭
    thanks to all
    i have tried the approach chris has suggested several times through several resets, deactivation / reactivations through the consent page time and time again to no avail.
    If i could communicate my level of frustration without sounding hysterical, I would, but this is completely
    out of hand and makes no sense what so ever
    I continue to recieve onlibe balance info at the bottom of my update screen but the register only updates payment updates, surely someone must be/hopefully is working on this
    and yes they all have been thought the citicard window
    Ivan
This discussion has been closed.