How do you fix [Quicken crash, Windows 11, error 0xc0000135]

Options
MikeyD1047
MikeyD1047 Member
After the most recent Microsoft updates for Windows 11, I get a Windows error code Windows 11 Error Code 0xc0000135. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I have uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken but to no avail.

Best Answer

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    FWIW, unless you have some very old programs installed, Net Framework should not even be in Control Panel. In fact, I have Net Framework 3.5 unchecked in Win 11 features. The built-in Net Framework in the OS seems to be backward compatible with everything on my machine.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MikeyD1047
    MikeyD1047 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
    I reinstalled the Net Framework from control Pannel> program features and that appears to fix the problem. I understand Microsoft is doing a fix on it shortly. I am not sure why it worked.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    FWIW, unless you have some very old programs installed, Net Framework should not even be in Control Panel. In fact, I have Net Framework 3.5 unchecked in Win 11 features. The built-in Net Framework in the OS seems to be backward compatible with everything on my machine.
  • MikeyD1047
    MikeyD1047 Member
    Options
    Thanks,
    I will uninstall 3.5 and see if that works. Interesting, Quicken is the only program that gave me the error message even after I uninstalled it and used a fresh copy for reinstall.
    Take care
    Mke
This discussion has been closed.