Field & Main Bank transactions don't download

Steve95424
Steve95424 Member ✭✭
I have a new checking account with Field & Main bank. I can connect my account in Quicken Windows with the online banking at F&M, but transactions don't download. I've disconnected and reconnected the account twice. No transactions have been downloaded ever. Quicken shows that online transaction is set up as Express Web Connect (not Connect+).

One issue that seems to happen when I deactivate and reactive online downloads - the opening balance amount changes from $0.00 to a positive number, which it shouldn't do since that transaction was reconciled months ago.

Steve

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Steve95424,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are also experiencing this error. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Field & Main Bank account(s) to see if it produces the same error. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Steve95424
    Steve95424 Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Jasmine Creating a new file and adding the account from Field & Main worked fine. Quicken downloaded 61 days of transactions.

In my original Quicken file, I tried deactivating online services for the existing F&M account and then added a new account from the bank (rather than linking it to the current account). In that case, only the current balance was downloaded. It didn't download 61 days like the new file did.

Is there a way to reset the download so that it goes back to the beginning?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Steve95424,

Thank you for updating me and I am happy to hear that you were able to download transactions in the test file. 

Do you have multiple accounts with Field and Main Bank? If so, then you will want to deactivate all of them, this includes hidden and closed accounts. You may follow this link for more information regarding deactivating and reactivating accounts. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case). 

Let me know how it goes so we may proceed with troubleshooting if needed!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Steve95424
    Steve95424 Member ✭✭
    I just have the one checking account, opening in March 2022, with Field & Main. I have multiple accounts in the Quicken file with other financial institutions, but just the one account with F&M.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Steve95424,

Thank you for updating me with more information regarding your Field & Main Bank account. 

Next, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Steve95424
    Steve95424 Member ✭✭
    I tried both validate (transactions still did not download) and super validate. The transactions did not download, even after the super validate, but the initial balance transaction, which had been reconciled a couple months, was changed from $0.00 to $8,806.00.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Steve95424,

Thank you for attempting to validate/super validate your file, however, I am sorry to hear that there are still no transactions downloading. 

Next, I suggest restoring from a backup that was created before the error began to occur. You may follow this link for more information regarding restoring backups. Please remember that it is advised to save a backup before proceeding (just in case). 

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Steve95424
    Steve95424 Member ✭✭
    That's not going to work for me. Thanks anyway. I've been using Quicken for decades. I'll just have to cope with it until a better option comes along.
This discussion has been closed.