Downloads Not Showing ...

Options
guybyny
guybyny Member ✭✭
This NEW Bug just started with Citi and TD Ameritrade. OSU flags these accounts as having downloaded transactions but no downloads show. Can't reset the accounts because there are (invisible) downloaded transactions to enter. Backed up and validated the file..no joy. Signed out and in as another user...no joy. The only workaround I've found is to change the preference for the account to automatically enter the transactions into the register and then run OSU again. Now the downloads appear already in the register and you can review/fix them from there. But that is not how I want the downloads to be handled..I want to view them first before entering..you know, they way its been for 35 years or so.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hello @guybyny

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Citi and TD Ameritrade accounts. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Citi Bank and TD Ameritrade account(s), and initiating a few One Step Updates to see if it produces the same error. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have had the same problem as Guybyny. I did set up a test file and entered two accounts. It worked perfectly. I hope this helps you find a way to fix the problem in my real file...
  • Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    Options
    One more observation. In the Accounts list under the column Transaction Download it shows Yes (Web Express Connect). But in the Last Download column, it shows Not Available...
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Linda

Thank you for updating me and for attempting the test file. 

Next, I suggest deactivating and reactivating all of the accounts with the Financial Institutions that you were experiencing this issue with (this includes all hidden and closed accounts). You may follow this link for more information regarding how to deactivate and reactivate your accounts. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    Options
    I did try deactivating one of the accounts. It downloaded transactions that went back to February. After I deleted the duplicate entries, I tried to download that account again and it did not download transactions. Are you saying need to deactivate every account, even those 2-3 that are working?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Linda,

Yes, you will need to deactivate all accounts with each financial institution that you are experiencing the error with. This includes working accounts as well as hidden and closed accounts. 

I hope that clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    Options
    Update: Today I noticed that my 5 accounts (3 banking & 2 credit cards) updated even though the online summary showed only one updated. I had transactions listed that I accepted into the account. All of this is very strange! So far now I will just wait ... maybe Quicken will recognize this as a problem (I see other discussions about this) and do an update....Thanks for your help. I will keep you updated as the situations progresses.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Linda,

Thank you for updating me, I am glad that I could help. 

Please let me know how things go further down the line or if you require more assistance. 

Have a wonderful day!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    Options
    I agree with guybyny. As I said before "Today I noticed that my 5 accounts (3 banking & 2 credit cards) updated even though the online summary showed only one updated. I had transactions listed that I accepted into the account. All of this is very strange! So far now I will just wait ..." But the issue is still there. In my online summary only one account shows as updated. Also when I open the account list, the column for transaction download states "yes, express web connect" but the column for last download states "not available". So even though I and guybyny have figured out a way to get around the problem, there is still a glitch in the Quicken system. Perhaps it is the new Banking Platform that is being rolled out by Quicken. Please recognize that there is a problem and work on fixing it.
  • Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if you have found a fix for this issue. When I update, the summary shows 5 accounts will update. The blue circles on the account list shows that these 5 accounts are being updated. Then when I get the update summary, it shows only one account is updated. The strange thing is that all 5 accounts do get updated. Oh, and one more thing, in the account list under downloads, it indicates these accounts are not updating. It is very strange and I wonder if this is an issue with others and if you are working on resolving it.
This discussion has been closed.