Charles Schwab and TD Ameritrade still can't download

Options
Still can't download my transactions from Schwab without having to reset the account multiple times to get it to work each month. I have 7 accounts and several with different login information. Same thing with TD. Is this ever getting fixed. Really can't believe I pay for annual service to Quicken and this has not been resolved for months.
:s

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @ewl123,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your Charles Schwab and TD Ameritrade accounts. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Charles Schwab and TD Ameritrade account(s) to see if it produces the same error. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position (just in case). Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ewl123
    ewl123 Member
    Options
    I have done this in the past, but how does that help me keep and retain all of my previous information stored, and even if it works it will take hours to download transactions and input them from accounts that are over 10 years old. I then have to accept and specify lots for sale transactions from years past and when I have done this in the past it has taken me hours to do.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @ewl123,

Creating a test file allows us to isolate the error and allow us to know how to further proceed towards a resolution in your active file. 

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

• ewl123
    ewl123 Member
    Options
    I did create the test file and initially added all accounts with one login then added the other account with the different login credentials. All accounts at Charles Schwab. It asked me to verify each of the cash balances of the accounts. It did not update or download any of the holdings in any of the 4 accounts or download any transactions from the past. I can't tell if it is working on current transactions since there are none and it is a saturday.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @ewl123,

Thank you for attempting the test file and updating me with the results. 

We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I do apologize that I could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.