Fidelity NetBenefits OL-293-A Error

dalehawaii
dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
Currently seeing an OL-293-A Error on Fidelity NetBenefits when performing OSU and downloads of individual accounts via Direct Connect on 5/14/22.

Regular Fidelity account is fine and able to log in to Fidelity website as well as NetBenefits.  Attempted to Reset Account and getting the error that Quicken is saying there is temporary problem. 

Anyone else seeing this? 
Quicken user since 1996
Quicken Home & Business Subscription

Comments

• slojo44
    slojo44 Member ✭✭
    Same here. Maybe they don't want us to see our declines for the last week. LOL.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @dalehawaii and @slojo44,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error with your Fidelity NetBenefits accounts. 

I have located a Support Article that discusses troubleshooting steps to take when presented with an OL-293-A error. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• AZMike
    AZMike Member ✭✭
    Just received this myself a few minutes ago. For the same - Fidelity NetBenefits. That's a first so it's likely a Fidelity issue. Another Fidelity account updated OK.
  • woppenhe
    woppenhe Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same issue.  I will wait at least 48 hours before I attempt to fix their server error.
  • Christopher Malis
    Christopher Malis Member ✭✭
    same here. other Fidelity accounts are fine.
  • sufferer
    sufferer Member ✭✭
    I'm also seeing issue on 2 separate Fidelity NetBenefits Accounts, One for my 401K and one for my wife's. Same error message on both. Both sets of accounts get updated in one quicken file. Will wait until tomorrow to attempt fix suggested above. Same OL-293-A error message.
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Hello @dalehawaii and @slojo44,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this error with your Fidelity NetBenefits accounts. 

I have located a Support Article that discusses troubleshooting steps to take when presented with an OL-293-A error. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 

Let me know how it goes!

Yup, I've done all of these already,  prior to making my initial post. Appears to be an issue with Fidelity NetBenefits as others on this thread are experiencing the same. Based on my 20+ years with Quicken, I'm going to wait as it appears to be a server issue that I cannot control and not going to waste a weekend troubleshooting this.    

EDIT: FYI, I sent this message separately to Quicken Jasmine:

Hi Jasmine,

Re: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7913475/fidelity-netbenefits-ol-293-a-error

I tried to contact the call center for Fidelity NetBenefits, but it is closed over the weekend. Since others are having the same OL-293-A error, can you or another technical person reach out to Fidelity NetBenefits' tech side to let them know of this issue that's affecting others? 

Thanks,
    Dale
    Quicken user since 1996
  • MartinRubenstein
    MartinRubenstein Member ✭✭
    I can report the same issues. I can download data from Fidelity but not from NetBenefits where I get the OL-293 error. Updating settings was of no help. I can log into the account from a web browser with no trouble, so the username and password in Quicken are ok.
  • starunit
    starunit Member ✭✭
    Yep, same here. Error started on Saturday the 14th. Continuing today on the 15th. Tried to 'reset' - same result as @dalehawaii. Logged in to the website without error, though I see they've rebuilt the interface (I don't know when).
  • Jfur
    Jfur Member ✭✭
    This is ridiculous that now Fidelity and Chase accounts are getting this error but the only thing that has changed was a quicken update. Horrible customer service in my opinion and paying more and more every year for a software that is getting worse.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, if the instructions found in the support article provided above fail to resolve the issue, then we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• steve user
    steve user Member ✭✭
    Same issue
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just performed a download a few minutes ago and was successful. Hopefully it's working for you all!

Interestingly, now I see a Fidelity NetBenefits icon that wasn't there before...Any thoughts on why it appeared? Not complaining, just curious.

Quicken user since 1996
  • woppenhe
    woppenhe Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, the issue is now resolved.  Waiting for vendors to fix the system seems to be the best course of action when long time stable computer programs abruptly report an error. It is not usually a user issue unless there has been some tampering with the program or computer settings for one reason or another. Reporting such errors to other users confirms that it is an issue beyond an individual user.  How long to wait. Certainly over the weekend so regular quicken uses have resumed using the program and encountering the error. Otherwise perhaps 48 hours, though I am sure it depends on the nature of the error.
  • woppenhe
    woppenhe Member ✭✭✭
    @Jfur
    I often share your frustrations. Particularly when it takes months to resolve something like the recent Schwab issues. Trouble is, there is no real Quicken alternative out there quite yet for many of us. The issue is that not everyone experiences the errors we do, and there may be millions of users. A small change to fix a few users here and there can cause more trouble, not less. The key is identifying the specific issue, and then fixing just that issue. This takes more than one or two users to report these issues. Which is why your input is invaluable.  Does not necessarily help to complain of poor service. They already know that by the time the fix is being investigated.
This discussion has been closed.