Moved quicken to new Win 11 machine and can not connect to Capital One or Schwab

I just moved my 295,100 kb quicken file to a Win 11 machine and have successfully connected to all accounts except Schwab and Capital One. I have several accounts at these institutions. One step update is working fine for all accounts that were successfully connected. However, if I attempt to connect Schwab or C1 when in the account (using "set up download") or through the edit function on the account list; Quicken will simply freeze with no error message. It just freezes. There is no CPU or Disk activity so it just appears dead in the water.

Like a lot of you, I went through a lot of work to get my Schwab accounts (investment and bank) to work properly earlier in the year and now this.

I did validate the file with no significant problems found

Any suggestions on how to tackle this one?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @its the details,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Charles Schwab and Capital One account(s) to see if it produces the same error. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• its the details
    its the details Member ✭✭
    Hi, So I was able to add a new file and add two of a number of my Schwab accounts successfully. That said, I am not sure what this eliminated/discovered as I do not want to start over because I have over 20 years of history I want to keep. Suggestions?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @its the details,

Thank you for attempting the test file and for updating me on how it went, I am happy to hear that you were able to connect some of your Charles Schwab accounts. 

Next, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.