Quicken not recognizing a Chase investment account

E Fielding
E Fielding Member, Windows Beta Beta
edited June 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I have an investment account with Chase Bank and am trying to d/l stock quotes, however, Quicken does not recognize this account, probably due to it NOT being a brokerage account. Any help on how I can get Q to talk to Chase bank regarding this account. No other issues except this. TIA!

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean by the fact that it "not being a brokerage account", but being a "Chase investment account"?  Seems to be contracting statements.

And what financial institution name are you using for the setting up the account.
    For investment accounts it should be "Chase Investments - New".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • E Fielding
    E Fielding Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Chris, this IS a Chase Bank account i.e. a self-directed investment account. I have several Chase accounts, but when trying to add this one, Q does not recognize it as a brokerage acct and will not let me add it to my accounts list. I tried your suggestion of renaming the account, but that didn't work either. I think I might try calling Chase and see what they suggest.
    Thanks for your timely response; I appreciate it AND the assistance.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't say to rename the account.  The financial institution name used determines if Quicken is in fact logging into Chase (banking/credit cards) or JP Morgan (for investment accounts).
    Checking account:

Investment account:

It is impossible to have any kind of investment account connected to "Chase", it is their non investment branch of the business.  By law, the two can't be mixed.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please note that even though there are really two different logins for the banking/investment accounts, Chase integrates both of them on their website and App and as such appear to be all together.

An interesting example of the true separation showed itself when I moved my investments to Chase.
    I went in a branch office to setup for "Private Client" which requires more than what I had in the checking/savings account, but the new investment account I had setup did have enough.

The person at the branch couldn't see my new investment account, even though I could see them side by side in the Chase App and in the web site.  I had to show them it on the Chase App.  She said that it takes some time for the information to get pushed over to their system.

You should be able to do Tools -> New Account, and type Chase and then select "Chase Investments - New" to login/see/create the investment account.
    Signature:
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is a self-directed investment account that is part of a 401(k), you may not be able to download transactions from it. I have 2 accounts at other FIs that do not support downloads from that type of account. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • dudemon2014
    dudemon2014 Member ✭✭
    I have been having the same issue this week. I also have a Self-Directed investment account with JPMorgan Chase. Quicken has stopped updating the account. I am getting an OL-393-A error message, but it is not connecting to my Self-Directed investment account. I tried to force an update of the Self-Directed account (shows as Chase Investments-New), but get the same error message. Something is messed up. Even though I get the error message, my banking accounts with Chase are being updated in Quicken, but not the Self-directed investment account.
This discussion has been closed.