Quotes/Prices Not Updating (QWIN) [Edited]

Answers

• David24
    David24 Member ✭✭✭
    Signing out & signing back in, restarting, and many securities are not getting the updated price. It has worked fine for years, and has been problematic for several days. If many people are reporting the issue, it is not likely a VPN or specific ticker symbol issue.

An ETA is urgently needed. My Quicken renewal date approaches...
  • miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    This appears to be a quote server error and if that is the case, nothing will work until it is fixed which is usually within a day
  • kwb3
    kwb3 Member
    I had the same problem yesterday until I ran a LiveUpdate on Norton. There was a software patch that was installed and Quicken started updating afterwards and is still working correctly. Not sure if that would work for anyone else but it did fix my issue.
  • SomebodyInGNV
    SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
    Prices updated for me today with no corrective action taken on my part.
  • emhamiltn
    emhamiltn Member ✭✭✭
    New day, same problem! Looks like the last "good" pricing updates occurred last Friday 05/13/22 (see attached screenshot). I cleared out all quotes since that time, validated file, logged out & back in, re-downloaded prices this morning and of course it's still not fixed!
    FB.jpg 94.8K
  • Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭✭
    New day and NO updateI think MIKLK is correct, all the sign in/sign out, validate/repair is not going to work until quicken fixes this problem
  • mikeweberatl
    mikeweberatl Member ✭✭✭
    I think MIKLK is correct, all the sign in/sign out, validate/repair is not going to work until quicken fixes this problem
    Sign Out / Sign In fixed me.  Working for two days now.
  • jerry7773
    jerry7773 Member ✭✭
    Is anyone also experiencing the issue of downloaded quotes not working ?? Like yesterday, its 10:30ish (EST) and one hour after the stock mkt opened and I am not getting any quotes for the new day. Yesterday, the function started to work sometime after 10:30 and I consider it a fluke type of issue. Quicken support weigh in pls
  • What's odd about this issue is that it's not happening to everyone.  My quotes have downloaded just fine during the whole time that some are not getting it to work at all.  There has got to be a difference somewhere at the user level.
  • emhamiltn
    emhamiltn Member ✭✭✭
    > @Damian said:
    > What's odd about this issue is that it's not happening to everyone.  My quotes have downloaded just fine during the whole time that some are not getting it to work at all.  There has got to be a difference somewhere at the user level.

Brokerage possibly? I'm using Fidelty.
  • @emhamiltn - good possibility.  All of my investment accounts are with Wells Fargo Advisors, and I have had no issues with downloading quotes.
  • jerry7773
    jerry7773 Member ✭✭
    The Quicken teams suggestion of Signing Out & Signing Back In, restarting and file validation didn't work. Clearly this is a global issue, experienced by a large group of (PAYING!!) Quicken users based on the reported issues on this site. Further, as many people are reporting this issue, its not a data file issue, not a log in issue (aka my acc't file updates work) a VPN, specific ticker symbol problem but rather a major problem within the Quicken complex. Keeping in mind the horrible support I have experienced over the past year, I am not encouraged about a timely fix

Throw out a 'fix' update every half hour. BTW my Quicken renewal date approaches ...
  • kwb3
    kwb3 Member
    I spoke too soon about the Norton update fixing the solution - as of 11:00 am Eastern, updates have stopped working again.
  • Quixote2
    Quixote2 Member
    I just selected an individual security from the investing page, "Security Detail View" with the stock chart. I selected update on the "Security Detail View" and all the securities updated. Timing coincidence?
  • Dennis Nelson
    Dennis Nelson Member ✭✭
    None of the suggested actions have solved the problem of stock quotes updating during the day. Seems to update stock quotes ok in the morning for prior day closing prices. frustrating to be told to do all this stuff and not have it fix anything. Please solve the problem.
  • jerry7773
    jerry7773 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Their suggestions DON'T work [for me]... So I just (right clicked) an individual security from the investing page, scroll past "Security Detail View" and selected with the stock chart. I selected "Quicken.com - Quote" Its CLEARLY Quicken's problem as a singular security quote doesn't work their either (as opposed to a broad quote update) . Hey Quicken take "Ownership' and broadcast a global msg that you are working on it, laying out an ETA.
  • TahoeDon
    TahoeDon Member
    Having the same issue. I was not able to update prices all day yesterday, then in the evening it worked. I thought the problem had been solved, but today again, no updates. Very frustrating when they ask every user to try things to fix it when clearly this is a more global issue.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    emhamiltn said:
    > @Damian said:
    > What's odd about this issue is that it's not happening to everyone.  My quotes have downloaded just fine during the whole time that some are not getting it to work at all.  There has got to be a difference somewhere at the user level.

Brokerage possibly? I'm using Fidelty.
    Not likely. In this context, there are two sources for downloaded quotes. 
    1. Your brokerage - if you are downloading transactions. Prices come along with valuations and number of shares. In many cases those are last closing prices (but mileage may vary there). Universally to my knowledge, those will be one price only; no hi, low, or volume data. The account needs to be set up in the OSU selection. 
    2. Quicken’s services - these prices are (supposed to be) intra-day prices on stocks and ETFs delayed by 15 minutes. This source can be included in the OSU selection or accessed by other means. These data will include hi, low, and volume (when working correctly).
    It is that second source that is currently faulting. 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    @q_lurker that still doesn't explain why I have had no issues with downloading quotes.  If I am not having any issues, it can't be a global issue?  There must be other people who haven't had issues.
  • Mikail
    Mikail Member ✭✭
    Did anyone besides me find that the problem was resolved by simply closing Quicken and then opening Quicken and entering the password of the default file?
  • jerry7773
    jerry7773 Member ✭✭
    Agreed. My brokerage transactions (4 separate acc'ts) downloaded the past two day perfectly. Quickens quote server services in the AM didn't work. What I would like to see is Quicken Tech support clearly STATING they know there has been a 'problem' the past two days, they 'Own' the issue and they are working on a resolution. There is no excuse poor communication or go off and try this nonsense.
  • aalexorr
    aalexorr Member ✭✭
    This has been a problem for me since 5/13. Following the steps in the Alert (signing out and back in) ruined my Quicken file. Years of data were now missing. I restored from a backup, and my data file is fine now, but the quote updates is still not working.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damian said:
    @q_lurker that still doesn't explain why I have had no issues with downloading quotes.  If I am not having any issues, it can't be a global issue?  There must be other people who haven't had issues.
    @Damian
    I was not trying to explain WHY the issue exists for some and not others.  emhamiltn asked if there was possibly a brokerage factor.  You replied "good possibility".  I said "Not likely" and explained the brokerage was not a factor - because the problem exists when downloading quotes without getting brokerage data, that the data from the brokerage and the data from the Quicken servers are different.   
  • @q_lurker, I understand.  No one seems to be investigating the other side of the issue - why some users are not affected.  I think if they find the answer to that, they will find a solution to the issue. 
  • TahoeDon
    TahoeDon Member
    Price update JUST started working again for me. (No actions taken on my end.)
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Damian
    I should have added, it may be that your broker or some brokers do download real-time or delayed quotes during the day and some may download intra-day hi/lo/volume data (though I am not familiar with any that provide that extra data),  That could disguise the issue for those users/investors in that they may also be having faults with the Quicken service and not know it.  

If you access the Investing tab and select the Update / Quotes options, that is only accessing the Quicken source and not getting data from the brokerage.

For myself today, I am getting the data I expect (stock and ETF prices) currently though I did not yesterday. 
  • Dennis Nelson
    Dennis Nelson Member ✭✭
    I was having this problem followed all the instructions and had no success until I installed a norton patch and rebooted a couple minutes ago and then opened quicken and the stock qoutes worked for current (slightly delayed) pricing.
  • @q_lurker - for the record, I have been able to download quotes via OSU and the Update in the investment tab.  Also, I checked the historical price listing for several investments and it looks like the quote data is complete without interruption including Hi, Lo, Volume.  So again it is a mystery why I don't seem to be affected.  I guess I should count my  blessings.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    jerry7773 said:
    Its CLEARLY Quicken's problem as a singular security quote doesn't work their either (as opposed to a broad quote update) . Hey Quicken take "Ownership' and broadcast a global msg that you are working on it, laying out an ETA.
    jerry7773 said:
    What I would like to see is Quicken Tech support clearly STATING they know there has been a 'problem' the past two days, they 'Own' the issue and they are working on a resolution. There is no excuse poor communication or go off and try this nonsense.
    @jerry7773 First, just to clarify: this site isn't Quicken Support, and neither Support representatives nor programmers post here. That said, the small team of Quicken moderators do post here when they can confirm known issues, and in this case, they already did what you keep asking for. Look at the top of this thread and you'll see that Quicken Jasmine did post a confirmation of a known problem yesterday at 4:05 pm Eastern, linking to an Alert notice posted a few minutes earlier.

They almost never post an ETA, because it's generally unknown while they research and work on a problem. Even if they think they can estimate how long resolution will take, they don't post an ETA because if they miss their estimate (as often happens in troubleshooting a problem, and programming and testing a fix), that would upset people even more. So all you'll get is an acknowledgement that they know there's an issue, which occurred yesterday in this case. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • emhamiltn
    emhamiltn Member ✭✭✭
    For those whom the downloads appear to be working correctly, have you actually gone in and spot checked at the price history for several securities to see if the data looks kosher? Or do you see 2-3 days worth of quotes with the same info on each line? Like in the screenshot I posted earlier and below.
    FB.jpg 94.8K
This discussion has been closed.