Pentagon Credit Union PenFed Credit Card Transactions

Krakat
Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
I have 2 Penfed Credit Cards and recently the transactions for the one account keeps appearing in the other account. I deactivated and removed account information and reactivated and old transactions are coming over again into the incorrect account.  Account balances are correct for both accounts just the transactions are coming into the incorrect account. I'm not sure if the transactions for the 2nd account are coming over into the incorrect as I have one transaction that hasn't cleared recently.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Krakat said:
    I have 2 Penfed Credit Cards and recently the transactions for the one account keeps appearing in the other account. I deactivated and removed account information and reactivated and old transactions are coming over again into the incorrect account.  Account balances are correct for both accounts just the transactions are coming into the incorrect account. I'm not sure if the transactions for the 2nd account are coming over into the incorrect as I have one transaction that hasn't cleared recently.
    Hello @Krakat

I am sorry to hear about this problem with transaction information being downloaded into the wrong account in Quicken. Thank you for bringing this issue before the Quicken Community.

I want to first make sure that the correct account information is being associated with each of your accounts in Quicken. Navigate to the Tools > Account List option in the upper menu at the top of the screen and click the Edit in the rows associated with each affected account in the window that appears.

Navigate to the Online Services tab in the next window; it would be very helpful if you could provide the connection method being used to link or add these accounts to online banking services, which will be provided in the Online Setup callout box. Navigate to the General tab, and you should be able to see the account ID here. Make sure that each account is displaying the correct information, and that there doesn't appear to be any duplication of account details across each account.

I look forward to hearing back from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Jared it is Express Web Connect.  I ensured the correct account numbers are associated when I wiped out the account data on the Account Data details tab.  It has the correct balances but the transactions are from the other account.
  • newellhall
    newellhall Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. Started when PenFed changed the format of displaying credit card info on their website.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Krakat said:
    @Quicken Jared it is Express Web Connect.  I ensured the correct account numbers are associated when I wiped out the account data on the Account Data details tab.  It has the correct balances but the transactions are from the other account.
    @Krakat

Thanks for keeping in communications with me about this issue. I am sorry that this problem is continuing, for the moment. 

Save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, create a new, 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Select New Quicken File in the following screen and click OK. Choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Select Don't use mobile or web in the screen that appears afterward.You can add non-Charles Schwab affiliated accounts once you have opened the test file by going to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. I am curious as to whether or not this behavior continues in the newly created 'test' file.

I hope to hear more from you soon, and I intend to continue working with you on this issue.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared  
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    got broken for me as well
    no any error, just nothing in new transactions for a credit card
    started from May
    Best Regards
  • newellhall
    newellhall Member ✭✭
    Created a test file as suggested above. PenFed correctly found my 3 accounts: a Regular Savings Account and two credit card accounts (cc#1 and cc#2). Quicken correctly created the PenFed Savings account. However, CC#2 was created in Quicken with a correct outstanding balance but none of my recent transactions were downloaded. Additionally, CC#1 was created in Quicken with an incorrect balance and the missing historical transactions that belonged to CC#2. A similar test was done about 1 week ago with identical results.
  • mikek753b
    mikek753b Member ✭✭✭✭
    none transactions were downloaded for me ether
    I did reset, none
    I did disable online for this CC account and setup online, yes, new account was found and linked to existing CC account - none

I have inconsistent online balance in other checking and CC accounts for PenFed, as result I can't reconsolidate

what a mess ...

yes, I complained twice to PenFed service for this matter and how bad new interface is that doesn't show all transactions and etc
    Best Regards
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello All, 

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community and for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this error. 

Due to this error occurring in the test file as well, you will need to reach out to your financial institution (PenFed) for further support. It is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 representative or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken. 

I do apologize that we could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Krakat
    Krakat Member ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone had any luck in getting any information on situation from PenFed?
This discussion has been closed.