Problems with billers

bshopay
bshopay Member ✭✭✭✭
Now that Quicken for Mac is suppose to have better biller support, I started to setup some billers that I had previous issues with. I have several billers that seem to get stuck in an infinite Pending status. The commonality with them is that each use the vendor "Xpress Bill Pay".

I am using Quicken for Mac 6.7.1. When adding these billers I do not get any type of error. It just tells me that it is working on it and will notify me when finished then goes into pending and stays there forever. The billers are Heber City Utilities and Mt. Pleasant Utilities. Weird thing is, one biller (Wasatch County) who also uses Xpress Bill Pay, links just fine. I also have this same issue with Bear River Mutual (which does NOT use Xpress Bill Pay) and any of the Amazon services.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @bshopay

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with multiple of your e-billers. 

First, I suggest restoring from a backup that was created before you began to have this issue with multiple billers. You may follow this link for more information regarding restoring from backups. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting place. 

After restoring from a backup, please try to reconnect some of the e-billers and let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• bshopay
    bshopay Member ✭✭✭✭
    I completed a backup and attempted to reconnect the problem billers. It did not work. The issue still remains. It has been several years when I was last able to use these billers, none of my backups go back that far.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @bshopay,

Thank you for your response. We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation if needed. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I do apologize that I could not be of more assistance. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

About your Bill Manager issues

My 2cents' worth, if I may:

I don't use Bill Pay services or Bill Manager at all, neither the one from Quicken nor the one offered by my bank. Since time "B.I." (before the Internet was invented) I have set up almost all of my recurring payments as Direct Debit, PAC Draft, Autopay, APS, whatever the biller calls it. Using the biller's website, I authorized the biller to electronically debit each payment directly from my checking or credit card account on due date. Now I can sit back, relax and wait for it to happen. Instead of having to wrestle with making payment on time I let the biller do all the work for me.

When I get notified of a new statement having arrived, usually by email, all I have to do in Quicken is to run a regular scheduled reminder to record the transaction. Haven't missed a payment in many years.

I recommend you do the same instead of fighting the Bill Manager windmill, missing payments and getting slapped with penalty interest rates or late fees.

This discussion has been closed.