Downloaded Quotes 0.00% red and black

Options
2»

Answers

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did not see anything in Security Details to show the 0.00% or color.

Today is Saturday, and the before OSU and after are identical, and no 0.00%'s at all:

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Note that one way to tell if a price comes from your broker instead of Quicken's third party quote services is that the ones from your broker will not have the high/low prices.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bob. said:
    Did not see anything in Security Details to show the 0.00% or color.

I wasn’t asking you to look for that info in the security details. I was suggesting from there you click the “More”, access the price history for the two days (yesterday and today as applicable) and see if there is a minute difference in the two values that might explain the colors. 

Frankly I am doubtful you’ll see a difference, but that data should represent the raw data Quicken is using. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't believe this has anything to do with the raw prices received based on my testing.

Here is what happens for a price change at the far range of Quicken's allowed precision.

As you can see the Price Day Change isn't blank like it is in Bob's screenshot.

If I try to add another zero (outside of the 6 digits Quicken is rounding to) it just puts the price to 13.67.
    And notice what that does to the Price Day Change value:

Signature:
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Chris_QPW
    I’m not home so I can’t check myself right now. If the column width for the Price Day Change is narrower than the 6-digits, does it go to 0, 0.0…, blank, or anything else helpful to this discussion. I noted Bob’s header was wrapped to two rows while yours was wide enough to no wrap. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With the width at the minimum, it looks like this:

Signature:
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OK, first thing this morning it all looked proper after last nights quotes. Down was red, up was black:

After OSU, before any market quotes, red and black appeared in odd positions again. This is a minute later than above.

Had an oprrtunity to chat with developers where I am helping on another issue. They agree this is odd behavior. Does not break anything, but they are now curious as well and will take a closer look. If I get the explanation, I'll post here.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bob. said:
    OK, first thing this morning it all looked proper after last nights quotes. Down was red, up was black:

After OSU, before any market quotes, red and black appeared in odd positions again. This is a minute later than above.

Had an oprrtunity to chat with developers where I am helping on another issue. They agree this is odd behavior. Does not break anything, but they are now curious as well and will take a closer look. If I get the explanation, I'll post here.

Again, please check the securities' price history.   I suspect you may find today's imported quote appears to match yesterday's quote.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Sherlock said:
    Again, please check the securities' price history.   I suspect you may find today's imported quote appears to match yesterday's quote.
    @Sherlock - I truly cannot interpret what it is you are asking me to check.

Here are the first two from the second image above. What is that telling you? And if not thisinformation, precisely what are you asking me?

Thanks.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Right click on the Security Name/Symbol in the Portfolio View and select: Price History.
    This is the raw data for the prices for that security.  It looks like this:

Signature:
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Bob. said:
    Sherlock said:
    @Sherlock - I truly cannot interpret what it is you are asking me to check.

Here are the first two from the second image above. What is that telling you? And if not thisinformation, precisely what are you asking me?

Thanks.

I wish you had said so earlier...

There are a few ways we may view a security's price history.  As you were using a Portfolio view, you could have right-clicked on a security name in the Portfolio view and selected Price History.  You may also access the security's price history from the Security View window using a right-click and selecting Price History.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Thanks Chris.
    OK
    So here are the first two of the lower group from the second image. First above was red, second was black. I have no idea what this couldbe telling you:

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Sherlock. Is this as you expected? I do not see why the top would turn red and the bottom black.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Bob. said:
    Thanks Sherlock. Is this as you expected? I do not see why the top would turn red and the bottom black.

It's really what the price history may be tell you when you see the negative 0.00%.  The quotes presently shown are those from the third-party quote server.  As there is clearly a difference between the price quoted today and yesterday, you shouldn't see the behavior in the Portfolio view as of today for these securities now.

The problem we have seen before is Fidelity Investments will post their mutual fund price with a time stamp that moves it into the next day.  When that happens and we look at the Portfolio view the next day before updating the quotes, Quicken compares the price quote received from the third-party quote server the day before with the price quote Fidelity Investments provided.  If the amounts differ in precision, the quote from the third-party quote server may be interpreted as less than the quote from Fidelity Investments and round to the negative 0.00%.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cool. Agree I am not seeing a correlation.
    Will let all know if I find anything more.
This discussion has been closed.