Problem connecting to - Kearny Bank.

greenD2021
greenD2021 Member ✭✭
Two days ago quicken started giving CC-508 errors when trying to connect to my bank.. I have been on multiple times with support. I believe I have isolated what the error is, but noone wants to give me a high enough level person to explain it.

It appears there is a problem where they think there is a popup when the bank login transfers to their third party provider for online services. There is no popup but quicken fails the login every time.

This is only a direct connect issue. Manually I can download transactions but it's a royal pain to do it. The first level support people keep making you do the same things over and over that you have already done. They treat everyone as if they have no technical knowledge. When I literally went through everything they made me do it yet again.

It's also really frustrating that one step is to delete all your cookies. That literally disconnects everything, not just quicken related stuff that all needs to be reverified. Now, I am back in limbo waiting to be contacted by a 'higher department' yet again.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • greenD2021
    greenD2021 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    "This is only a direct connect issue. Manually I can download transactions but it's a royal pain to do it."
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    The problem IS direct connect. I said it was a direct connect issue. "This is only a direct connect issue. Manually I can download transactions but it's a royal pain to do it."
    CC-508 are only ever returned when the Express Web Connect connection method is used.  I suggest you open the the account register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, and select the Online Services tab.

If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-508
  • greenD2021
    greenD2021 Member ✭✭
    Well if that is the case there is no other option than a manual download.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    @greenD2021 - have you tried to log into your online account with the bank?  Sometimes, there is a popup message to update your account or read a message before you can access your information online.  If so, you would need to follow any instruction they give that makes the pop-up message go away.  Even if there isn't a pop-up message, sometimes there is an online access agreement that you need to mark "yes" to, before you can download.  I would then resign into Quicken and try the update again.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @greenD2021 , you never told us which bank you're having this CC-508 problem with.
    Knowing that, maybe we have a better suggestion or can find a previous discussion in the community with a solution.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    greenD2021 said: Two days ago quicken started giving CC-508 errors when trying to connect to my bank..
    Well, can't really discuss without basic info....
    - What version .... Help --> About Quicken
    - What bank -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well if that is the case there is no other option than a manual download.
    If you say so.  As you've haven't told us the name of the financial institution and type of account, we'll just have to take your word on that.
  • greenD2021
    greenD2021 Member ✭✭
    Sherlock, I know what I am doing. It's just a regular checking account and it's Kearny Bank. I have seen nothing about this bank. They appear to use fiserve as their online services provider and I wonder if that is part of the issue. FYI, the same problem exists on another service, so it is likely intuit related. I still haven't heard back from Quicken support who supposedly escalated the issue. Web connect download works(one account at a time of course), express web connect (one step update) fails and there is no direct connect option. Quicken is definitely fickle as I had to reconnect OTHER accounts today, but everything other than this one is working via one step update.
  • greenD2021
    greenD2021 Member ✭✭
    As for the others who talk about the basics (online agreement or popup) we are long past that. I would never have contacted Quicken support for something so basic. There are no popups, no agreement etc. Now there may be a verification that they want done but quicken won't serve up a verification question/option like it does for others. This is likely what Sherlock said earlier regarding an intuit issue with express web connect.

Pc56k2 quicken has all that information and logs. I am on the latest version.

Since I see there is an issue on another product, the likely source of the issue is Intuit.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock, I know what I am doing. It's just a regular checking account and it's Kearny Bank. I have seen nothing about this bank. They appear to use fiserve as their online services provider and I wonder if that is part of the issue. FYI, the same problem exists on another service, so it is likely intuit related. I still haven't heard back from Quicken support who supposedly escalated the issue. Web connect download works(one account at a time of course), express web connect (one step update) fails and there is no direct connect option. Quicken is definitely fickle as I had to reconnect OTHER accounts today, but everything other than this one is working via one step update.
    It appears Kearny Bank uses Kearny Bank Business Direct as the financial institution name to provide support for the Direct Connect connection method.  
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    @greenD2021 - I understand your frustrations.  Please accept my apologies if my suggestion was redundant.  If you haven't seen it already here is something that might help -

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909418/cc-508-error-with-us-bank-solution-edited

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    All, I just read this post for the first time.  There could be another possibility for the issue, just maybe, worth looking into.
    Many Financial Institutions implement an additional security step that the customer must specifically enable to grant access to a 3rd party aggregator (such as Quicken, accounting, bookkeeping and tax programs, etc.), otherwise access is blocked.  Almost half of my FIs have such security feature.  When I login to my account on their website, it is typically in their security center, sometimes cryptic and not easy to find.  I also have two variations to this:
    * For one bank it is not in the security center, rather AFTER I try to add or reactivate the account in Quicken, I get an error, then I remember: I must go to their website and look for a [hard to find] secure message that I have 10 minutes to respond to enable access.  And try again in Quicken.
    * For another bank, AFTER I try to add or reactivate the account in Quicken, I have to login to their website immediately where a new option (or pop-up?) is temporarily displayed for me to act on within 60-seconds and then it completely vanishes without any trace. And try again in Quicken.
    Without that security feature enabled, Quicken may display various error codes based on the error they get from the bank - it is not one single error message that stands out as this possibility.
    So perhaps this bank just implemented that security feature.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• greenD2021
    greenD2021 Member ✭✭
    1) Sherlock, while that may be the case, it seems direct connect is only offered to business accounts. However, next week I can call them and ask

2) Damian, that's interesting, but I log in all the time and there has been nothing.

3) BK they haven't added anything. I have checked the entire thing multiple times.

My guess is something may have changed with their provider (fiserv) and intuit may need to update.
  • greenD2021
    greenD2021 Member ✭✭
    Damian.. there is no option to change a user id.
  • @greend2021 - sorry that we cannot come up with a solution that works for you.  But please, report back once your issue is resolved.  It seems like these CC-508 errors are not easy to resolve, and your experience might help others who encounter a similar situation.
  • @greenD2021 I think the solution was to change the user ID that you use to log into your online account at the bank.  I think this needs to be done to "flush out" the offending pop-up or notice, because then the system thinks you are a new user.  As @bk and others mentioned the pop-up or notice goes away, and once it does, you don't have a second chance to deal with it.  I am not positive that this will work for you, but it did for the other Quicken user with US Bank.  I think it's worth a try, as everything else has not worked for you.
  • greenD2021
    greenD2021 Member ✭✭
    Miracle of miracles. I tried again tonight and it works. Now I am not 100% sure if they fixed something or if I found the offending issue by accident. I went into alerts and saw there was an unverified email for alerts only, so I verified it. I don't think this had anything to do with it, but you never know.
  • greenD2021
    greenD2021 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Following up. Just got an email from quicken support saying I should attempt to update now as their Scripts Operations Engineers resolved the issue. So, it's nice to see that I was correct to start and the issue was on Quicken's end(or as Sherlock indicated..likely intuit's with EWC script).
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    greenD2021 said: I know what I am doing. It's just a regular checking account and it's Kearny Bank.
    ok..... just for reference - here is the config info for Kearny Bank - and as mentioned - Web Connect & Express Web Connect
    [EDIT] - and I updated the topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A
    01621    01621    01621    Kearny Bank    https://www.kearnybank.com/    1-800-273-3406   
    https://www.kearnybank.com    ACTIVE
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.