No Transactions Downloaded After Update on Credit Card Accounts

Jnic
Jnic Member ✭✭✭
A couple of days ago I started getting flags on my credit card accounts, most recently my BOA account. However, when I checked the account there were no transactions actually downloaded. When I checked my BOA account on line I noticed that there were no transaction to download. Only some pending.

I checked the community and saw that there are members with similar problems. We get notified that there are transaction to download, but none have been downloaded. So, I'm sharing my experience and suggesting that, for some, the problem might not be transactions not downloading, but, an inaccurate flag indicating that there are transaction to be downloaded.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Jnic,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Jnic
    Jnic Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Jasmine, will give it a try.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Jnic

Please let me know how it goes!

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Jnic,

I just wanted to reach back out to include a link to a Support Article that contains some troubleshooting steps which you may find to be of use. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. Please remember that it is recommended to save a backup (just in case).

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Jnic
    Jnic Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Quicken.Jasmine,

Thank you. As it turns out today the BOA CC account showed the flag and downloaded the transaction that was pending and now accepted by BOA. However now my Chase CC account is showing the flag, but had no transactions to download. Checking that account online revealed the same situation. There is a transaction pending in that account and no other transactions, so, nothing should download into Quicken yet. Rerunning update shows no flags on either account.

So, the good news is that I'm not losing data only getting an unnecessary flag whenever I have a pending CC transaction and no other transactions in a couple of my CC accounts. Nice to know, but, not particularly useful. I have another CC account with Wells Fargo with no transactions pending (and no flag), so, I'm going to test it to see if Quicken does the same thing with that account when I make a purchase. It possible that this has been going on for a long time without me noticing it before.

I might not be interpreting the article correctly, but, I'm not sure that the link describes the issue that I'm having. The flag does not reappear when the pending transaction is accepted by the bank and there are no other transactions pending or transaction to be downloaded. So, in my situation Quicken is telling me that I have a transaction that it should not be flagging as ready to be downloaded.

I'd assume that if the data file is corrupt it would consistently show the flag. However, Quicken is a complex program, I not an expert, I seem to be the only one with this problem and more data is better. So, I'll run through these procedures after I get the results from my WF CC account test so I know which accounts are being affected.

Thanks again for the help I truly do appreciate it.

John
This discussion has been closed.