Paypal reauthorization

Options
Point382
Point382 Member ✭✭
I completed this step where it created a new account and renamed the old one ZZZ-PayPal OLD. In fact, I have completed it 3 times but every time I try updating my accounts I get the pop up to reauthorize the account again. WHY?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suggest you try doing the following:
    1)  Back up your data file.
    2)  Delete the new account.
    3)  Old Account: 
    • Make note of the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount.
    • Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate.
    • General tab > remove all Financial Institution Information from the upper right quadrant.
    • Online Services tab > Set Up Now.  (Alternatively, go to Add Account and type in PayPal).
    • Follow the set up prompts.
    • Make sure to Link the download to your old account already in Quicken if/when prompted.
    • Check to make sure the Financial Institution shown is "PayPal" and not "ZZZ-PayPal OLD".
    • This process might add some duplicate transactions to your Account Register (going back as much as 90 days).  Duplicates will need to be manually deleted.
    • Check the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount.  If it does not match what you had noted earlier, edit the transaction buy entering that earlier noted dollar amounts.
    These are the steps I needed to take and it fixed the conversion issue for me.  Did it work for you?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with ZZZ-Paypal OLD and clear the financial name on the General tab.  After you have you deactivated the Online Services of all of the accounts associated with ZZZ-Paypal OLD  and clear the financial name on the General tab, select Tools > Add Account...Paypal, and Next.  After you have authenticated, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts it obtained and allow you to link them to the appropriate existing registers. 

Note:  Quicken may initially import duplicate transactions which may be deleted.

This discussion has been closed.