New Hotels.com credit card at Well Fargo - online biller can't setup

Recently added a new credit card, Hotels.com, and found Wells Fargo issued the card. I'm a Wells Fargo customer and it appears with my other accounts online. I was able to set it up as an account within quicken, but not as an online biller. I have another credit card issued by WF and it appears that's the CCard it attempts to set up as the online biller, but not the Hotels.com CCard. I try again with the first and older CCard setup, and still no luck. Seems to accept only the first CCard it finds. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @swimraft

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with adding your Hotels.com Credit Card Biller. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by navigating to Help > About Quicken. Which website do you use to view/pay the credit card (Hotels.com or Wells Fargo)?

Looking forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• swimraft
    swimraft Member ✭✭
    Quicken Version R40.21, build 27.1.40.21 Windows 10 Home & Business. I view and pay this card (Hotels.com) thru the Wells Fargo website. Thank you.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited May 2022
    Hello @swimraft

Thank you for providing more information. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and attempting to add the Wells Fargo (Hotels.com) credit card to see if it produces the same error with the account not showing up. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Navigate to the Bills&Income section and proceed to attempt to add the credit card account.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• @swimrat -what does your Hotels.com statement say who and where to send payments to?  I have two WF credit cards and the payments for both get sent to "Wells Fargo Card Services".
  • swimraft
    swimraft Member ✭✭
    @Jasmine with the new Quicken File I set up the Hotel.com credit card account, and then set up an online biller for Wells Fargo (they issued the Card). The online biller was setup but I'm not sure if it is for Hotels.com CC or the other Wells Fargo CC I have. There was no selection available - I could not chose which CC to set up as the online biller. Since no bills are due for either no balance was shown to tell me which it is either.
  • swimraft
    swimraft Member ✭✭
    @Damian both credit cards have a different Wells Fargo payee, neither are for "Wells Fargo Card Services", but under Credit Card services on their website (accounts->Manage Cards->Credit Card Service Center), I can select either credit card.
  • @swimrat - have  you tried going to Wells Fargo's website and searching on "Quicken"?  They seem to have a lot of support pages for Quicken.  One called "Online Banking and Bill Pay with Quicken".  If you cannot find your answer there, they do have a 24/7 customer service phone number for online banking.
This discussion has been closed.