When trying to setup an account for Empower Retirement, why does Quicken want to use massmutual.com.

Options
decjohnson
decjohnson Member ✭✭
When trying to setup an account for Empower Retirement, why does Quicken want to use massmutual.com? It should be using www.empower-retirement.com. Empower-retirement.com has a completely different user id, not email address like Mass Mutual used.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @decjohnson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If the URL shown in our financial institution list is incorrect, then it will require the financial institution to submit a request to have it changed within Quicken. For more detailed information regarding this topic, please take a moment to review the section titled "How can I fix an incorrect Homepage URL?" found in this support article.

I do apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    @decjohnson - In 2020, Empower Retirement acquired  Mass Mutual Life.  It seems like they are, or have plans to use Mass Mutual's systems.  That is an educated guess on my part.  That is probably why you are seeing Mass Mutual's URL.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    decjohnson said: When trying to setup an account for Empower Retirement...
    As mentioned - this is what the Quicken config info shows...
    69265    69265    69265    Empower Retirement    https://www.massmutual.com/    1-800-767-1000
        https://accounts.massmutual.com/login?client=Momwi9VjwihM4TKFn3XWaoH2xAQd3Z6T&protocol=samlp&tenant=accounts-auth0#bookmark    ACTIVE                  
    ACCOUNTINFO,INVESTMENT,401K&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• decjohnson
    decjohnson Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, Empower was using MassMutuals website after the acquisition, but back in April they moved everything to their own website.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If that is the case, then please follow the link Anja provided.
  • decjohnson
    decjohnson Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have contacted them (Empower). I believe at one point this was correct, prior to Empower changing to their own address the end of April, Quicken was using the empower.com address and then changed it to massmutual.com.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Options
    decjohnson said:  ..Quicken was using the empower.com address and then changed it to massmutual.com.
    FYI - I looked at previous Quicken config files,
    and find NO Empower Retirement entries - and then one was added in April with the MassMutual entry.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.