Mid Penn Again

Spotteddog
Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
Quicken Deluxe R40.21   27.1.40.21  Windows 11.

I'm having problems with Mid Penn Bank again. Quicken has not been able to download anything from Mid Penn Bank for over a week. I get the message "financial institution has requested something that needs to be answered".

I have directly logged on to the bank several times and there is nothing to answer. I called the bank and they verified there is nothing that needs responding to, nor is there anything wrong with the account.    

I have done a Quicken verification. No Problems. I tried resetting the account and now it is really messed up.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Spotteddog,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are also experiencing this error. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Mid Penn Bank account(s) to see if it produces the same error message. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Jasmine,

I followed your instructions. When I create a "test" account for Mid Penn I get the same cc-508 when I try to log on.
    By the way, how do I delete my "test" file?
    Thanks

• Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Spotteddog,

Thank you for attempting the test file, though I do apologize that you received the same error message there. 

I have located a Support Article that discusses some troubleshooting steps to take when presented with the CC-508 error, you may follow this link to access that FAQ. Please remember that it is wise to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps (just in case).

As for deleting Quicken files that you no longer need, such as the test file that you just created. You may follow this link for instructions on how to do so.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

• @Spotteddog - may I also add that if your online account has a message center, please check to see if there are any e-mails or messages, that you need to respond to for verification purposes.  I have found that these message centers are sometimes not easy to find.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Jasmine,
    I tried what you have suggested several times in the last 10 days. Those don't help at all. Still getting the cc-508 after 10 days of trying to log on.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭

Here's what I am seeing. Might this seem to be the problem?

The bank recently added an "alert" that pop up and says something like: "You have successfully logged on to your account". According to the bank, this alert can't be removed.

So, when I try to log on to the bank with Quicken, Quicken is seeing that I need to answer this "alert". I can manually go on to the bank site and delete this message, but the next time I try Quicken, the "alert" is again generated, so I get the cc-508. This goes on over and over.
    Is there any way to work around this?
    Thanks 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    @spotteddog - Yes that definitely could be the problem.   I agree, I think Quicken thinks it needs user intervention to click through that pop-up in order to access the account.  If your bank says that it can't be removed, then I would think it becomes a Quicken programming issue.  With this new information you have given us, I would digress to the Quicken Admin/Moderators here to advise on the next steps.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Spotteddog,

Thank you for your responses. 

Have you attempted to contact the Financial Institution to see if there is a way for them to stop sending the alert/notification? If not, I suggest reaching out to them and requesting to speak to a Tier 2 representative or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken. 

Also, could you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem and submit your logs to Quicken? This is so we may look further into this issue if you are unable to reach a resolution with your bank. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Jasmine,

I am not a programmer or analyst. I reported a problem with Quicken and described what I see as the problem. It should not be up to me to reach out to a bank and talk to Tier 2/Supervisor representatives. I would not be able to talk on their technical level to try to fix the problem.
    By the way, I have never been able to talk to anyone except a support tech. I have never been forwarded to the next level. They won't do it. That is Quicken's responsibility. Quicken could probably get to a Tier 2 op. I can't.
    I have several dozen of accounts on Quicken and this is the only one that is causing a problem.

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Still have the same problem. I send the report you requested (Report a Problem). Of course, the reports state that I will never hear back from them. So what's the use.

I have called the bank twice and emailed them once. They say it's Quicken's problem and that's all the farther it goes with them.

Quicken says it's the bank's problem. So nobody is doing anything.
    I have tried restoring data to an earlier date, but the same problem. I have tried your "Test" account, same problem. I have validated my data with no problems showing up.

So now what?

Thanks
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Is there no way to fix this other than deleting all the accounts for this bank and then adding it from scratch? Hate to delete all those years of data.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    @spotteddog - there is no need to delete your accounts at the bank.  Even if you did that, you would still be experiencing the same issue again.  But, I think you would be able to still download from the bank using "web connect"?  This is where you export the transactions from your account at the bank directly into Quicken.  There usually is a function to do so in your online account with the bank.  It is usually found where you look at transactions.  So during this troubleshooting time, you can still download transactions to Quicken.  As for the "pop-up" or announcement issue that you are still experiencing, is there any option to "Don't show this again". Or even hitting "OK" rather than hitting the X in the upper right corner?  I find it odd that your bank would have a pop-up just to announce you have signed on.  There's got to be a switch somewhere on the bank's side to shut it off, otherwise that is questionable programming in my opinion.
  • @spotteddog - another thing to note when using Web Connect for the first time.  When you download, you will be presented with a list of accounts in Quicken. You will need to choose the appropriate account to connect to.  But, after this first time, Quicken will always automatically download the transactions into the right account.  So it becomes a very simple process.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes, I'm aware of web connect. And downloading manually. No! I was not saying to "delete your accounts at the bank". I meant to delete them on the Quicken app and then Adding back as new accounts.

Out of all the banks in all the world, I can't believe that this bank is the only one that uses this type of notification. I've been using them for years and this just started a few weeks ago when they posted an announcement that they are updating their website and it will be down over that weekend.
    I called the bank twice and they said I can't stop these alerts. I can change things, like email addresses, but I can't stop the pop-ups. Now they won't even email me back about this.  
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    @spotteddog - Yes I understood that you meant deleting accounts on Quicken.  But, now that I look back at my response above and oops!, I didn't mean what I typed.  What I meant to say was "on Quicken".  You tried setting up you accounts in a test file but still got CC-508 error.  So all I am saying is deleting your accounts would do nothing to solve this issue.

I think your next step is to do what @Quicken Jasmine advised:
    Quicken Jasmine said:

"Also, could you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem and submit your logs to Quicken? This is so we may look further into this issue if you are unable to reach a resolution with your bank." 

If your bank is unresponsive, we are willing to help, but Quicken's Tech Support Team needs some data from you for them to proceed.

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your help. I did what Quicken Jasmine suggested (Help>Report a problem). several days ago. The pop-up for that report says that I will never hear from them. So, if they want the report, but will never respond to it, I guess my only option is to download it manually. (And I just renewed my Quicken for another year.)
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    FYI
    Talked to the bank again today. They have had other people call with the same problem in the last week. Bank support has a call in with Quicken for later today. The bank agrees that there is a response that Quicken is looking for, but there is nothing at the bank to respond to. 
  • At least for now this is movement in the right direction.  I would be very interested in what they find, and how it's resolved.  
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    The bank wasn't very optimistic, but they said they would get back to me later today. I'll let you know.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Update:

Neither the bank nor Quicken have gotten back to me. 

Still have the same problem (cc-508). I sent Quicken the reports they requested a week ago. Never heard back from them. I did a validation. No problems noted.

As the bank said last week, it's obvious that Quicken thinks there is something I need to respond to on the bank website. The bank insists there is nothing on my account that requires a response. At this point, I can't even activate my account with this bank. It gives the error cc-508.

Who do I contact next? If I just wait, nothing will be fixed.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Update:
    Several people have called Mid Penn Bank with the same problem. The bank has tickets into Intuit and Quicken. The bank has also talked to both Intuit (since Quicken uses their servers) and Quicken.

As it stands right now, the only way to fix this is for Mid Penn Software vendor, Quicken and Intuit to work together to develop a script to get rid of the cc-508 and change the connection from Express Web Connect to Direct Connect. That may take several days and Mid Penn customers that use Quicken will have to receive instructions on when and how to make the change.

So my instructions are to wait and the bank will call me when everything is fixed.
  • @spotteddog - Thank you for the update.  I feel your frustration.  The "glass half full" side of this is that your diligence is helping the other Quicken users that are experiencing the same issue.  Hopefully will they will have a solution soon.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    After talking to Quicken and Intuit, the bank representative told me that this problem should be fixed by Monday 6/6. Today is 6/10 and it's still not fixed. Now What?

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    FYI
    After 6 weeks of not being able to download data from this bank, just out of the blue it started working. (Knock on wood)
    Dozens of phone calls. Hours on chat with Quicken support. Hours on the phone with the bank.
    Now it just works. Nothing had to be done on my end. So, it was either the bank or Quicken.  
  • @spotteddog - glad it's working again and thank you for circling back to let us know.  My guess is that Quicken and/or Mid Penn were working on it all along but it took them longer than they planned.  I had hoped though, that either one of them would have let you know what caused the issue so we would know what to do to fix it in the future.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. The bank person explained what was wrong, but never got back to me about what to do next time.
This discussion has been closed.