How do I disable automatic transaction entry on Mac

JanD
JanD Member
I switched from Windows to Mac. I'm used to seeing the downloaded transactions first and then accepting them to register, which is how it worked on Windows. On Mac it automatically posts to my register and I discovered duplicate entries. I would like to disable this so I can check first that the transactions are not being duplicated

Answers

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Hi, JanD

You cannot. The Mac version moved away from that accept/reject transaction pen about 14 years ago.

You should not be getting duplicate transactions. If you manually entered transactions, drag the download to the manually entered (or vice versa), and matching will improve as it learns your matching style.

If it mismatches transx (rare), you can right (control) click and choose to reject the match.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @JanD

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community with this question.

Unfortunately, Mac doesn't have the option to turn it off or on, It just automatically adds it to the register regardless. However, Mac does have the ability to mark transactions as reviewed which removes the icon from the status column. You can do that by clicking the blue dot or blue pencil in the status icon and it will give you the option to mark it as reviewed. 

There is also an idea post regarding having automatic transaction entry settings added to Quicken for Mac. You may follow this link to access the Idea where you may add your vote. Once idea posts gather enough votes, they are sent to our development team in the hopes of being added as a feature. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.