Why does it take 30+ seconds to connect to my printer to scan a receipt into Quicken?

Of Course - once you buy the subscription the program sticks! As soon as I bought the yearly subscription it suddenly takes over 30 seconds just to scan a receipt. Very frustrating [Removed - Off Topic/3rd-Party Reference]. :#

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is your connection to the printer, Wired or Wireless?  Do you have any other issues when printing from other apps?
    As an experiment, try printing something from Q.  Did that work?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know the answer, but I can verify that it takes 25-30 seconds to get started scanning from Quicken.
    I'm using an HP OfficeJet all-in-one, and even the HP Scan software takes 20-25 seconds from being clicked to displaying its user interface. So I don't think the bulk of the time is because of Quicken.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Larry Morrell
    Larry Morrell Member
    Thanks for the response. I did print a report and it was instantaneous. It is a wired connection so no issue with WIFI. Only happens when trying to add a receipt. Sometimes Quicken just doesn't connect and I have to close it and reopen it to scan a document. All other apps are very fast and no problems with scanning or printing. I would love to figure this out. So frustrating.
  • Larry Morrell
    Larry Morrell Member
    Thank you Rocket! You are absolutely right. I just opened the HP Scan app and it took a long time. My apologies to Quicken - must be the scan feature since I have no problems at all printing from any app. Now to get it resolved through HP. Thanks to all for your responses.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The HP Scan application has been superseded by HP Scan and Capture. I tried it and hated its user interface, and reverted to the old HP Scan. If you get any interesting results from HP Support, I'd be interested in learning.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.