Help with Deactivating after Delete

I have 9 accounts at BOA - one is an estate account and I am trying to do final accounting for that account. I was able to set everything up with Quicken for the first time and all went well. However, I started messing up categories in the estate account and decided to start over. But I deleted the estate account first before looking to see the right steps.
Now, everything I see says to deactivate before doing anything else. And I've gotten myself to the point that BOA won't let me connect no how matter how many times I try and delete locally and "start from scratch."
Please help!

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @texastroublechild,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by going to Quicken > About Quicken. Can you clarify and describe exactly what you are deleting (account or data file entirely)? What exactly is occurring when trying to connect with your BOA accounts? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? 

Looking forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• I am using Quicken Delux for Mac version 6.7.1
    What I did was quickly run through the setup and connected to Bank of America and setup all of my bank accounts there within Quicken. I wanted to work specifically with one so that's what I did from there. But then I realized I was not naming this correctly so I wanted to start over. I deleted the account from quicken. I did this by right clicking on the account and choosing delete there. I thought I could then sync with the bank again to pull the account into quicken but it would not work. So I deleted the rest of my accounts from quicken by deleting the Quicken file to start over and now Bank of America keeps telling me I have no accounts to setup under the user ID I logged in with. Which is not true because all of my accounts are still there at BOA.

Please help!
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited June 2022
    Hello @texastroublechild

Thank you for your thorough response and for providing more information. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Bank of America account(s) to see if it produces the same error message. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.