Get Serious About Security - Updating Account Passwords

Options
GK-SWIRL
GK-SWIRL Unconfirmed, Member
Quicken - if you are serious about Security you have to make it easier for users to update the passwords of their linked accounts. I have 9 linked accounts with a popular financial institution that you support. I updated the password. Quicken has log-in greyed you and the only HELP discussion advised deactivating each of the 9 accounts. Then reactivating each of the 9 accounts. That's the ONLY way to update the password for the account. That's 20+ minutes of work. Please add to your future upgrades list. I should be able to edit the passwords of my linked accounts in an easy to access list.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2022
    Options
    [comment removed by Damian - advice was meant for Q Win, not Q Mac]
  • llcurtis82
    llcurtis82 Member
    Options
    I agree with the prior post. I have adopted a new password manager and have updated the account password on all of my banking accounts. It appears that now I need to deactivate all of my accounts in Quicken and then reactivate them. Is that really correct?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hello @GK-SWIRL & @llcurtis82,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your feedback about this process. We will pass this along to the proper channels.

In the meantime, I would like to inform you that if you have multiple account with the same financial institution and under the same username, while you will still need to deactivate them one by one, you can reactivate them all together at once by going through Accounts > New (instead of through Settings for each individual account) as though you're adding a new account. Once you've signed in with the new credentials, it will display each account under the username used to sign in and allow you to Link each account to the existing accounts you already have set up in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.