Janney Montgomery Scott LLC (QMAC)

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken hangs indefinitely when syncing accounts after upgrading to 6.7.0.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• jtjbt20x
    jtjbt20x Member ✭✭
    The 6.7.1 update screwed up Quicken account downloads. I did a test, I can update all of my checking, savings, and credit card accounts. Quicken only hangs when I try to update my brokerage/IRAs at Janney.
    Tech Support wanted me to create a new data file which is easy, but then I have 24 accounts to activate for download. I did that earlier this year during another Quicken-created bug, and it was a painful process.
    Quicken support also intentionally disconnected from the support chat which is very irritating and the tech wasn't professional.
  • Dave Anderer
    Dave Anderer Member ✭✭✭
    > @jtjbt20x said:
    > The 6.7.1 update screwed up Quicken account downloads. I did a test, I can update all of my checking, savings, and credit card accounts. Quicken only hangs when I try to update my brokerage/IRAs at Janney.

Interesting. My hangs are with Janney too. Maybe it wasn't the update - maybe something got messed up with Janney around the time the update came out. But in any case Quicken should handle connection errors more gracefully than just hanging.
  • mpane21
    mpane21 Member ✭✭
    > @"Dave Anderer" said:
    > > @jtjbt20x said:
    > > The 6.7.1 update screwed up Quicken account downloads. I did a test, I can update all of my checking, savings, and credit card accounts. Quicken only hangs when I try to update my brokerage/IRAs at Janney.
    >
    > Interesting. My hangs are with Janney too. Maybe it wasn't the update - maybe something got messed up with Janney around the time the update came out. But in any case Quicken should handle connection errors more gracefully than just hanging.

I am also having errors with my Janney accounts that is causing my account downloads to make the entire Quicken App not respond. I have still not figured out a fix.
  • jtjbt20x
    jtjbt20x Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    > @Dave Anderer said:
    > > @jtjbt20x said:
    > > The 6.7.1 update screwed up Quicken account downloads. I did a test, I can update all of my checking, savings, and credit card accounts. Quicken only hangs when I try to update my brokerage/IRAs at Janney.
    >
    > Interesting. My hangs are with Janney too. Maybe it wasn't the update - maybe something got messed up with Janney around the time the update came out. But in any case Quicken should handle connection errors more gracefully than just hanging.

I called Janney and they had me reconnect all of my Janney accounts in a new data file. That worked once and then when I went back to my original data file, the spinning back ball started again.

Janney Tech Support told me that on June 1st they are switching to a new back end provider. On that date, you'll have to log into your account on the Janney webpage and change your Quicken password so you can reconnect all of your Janney accounts. Apparently the new back end can't have passwords transferred to it. Janney also checked with the transition team and they say they are still on the old back end provider so it should work. My existing password works when I reconnected today so they aren's sure why this is happening. They said they sent an email on this but I didn't get it. When I looked in the Quicken log file, there is a message to this effect, but Quicken didn't display the message, maybe that's why Quicken hangs, Who knows. [Removed - 3rd-Party Product]
  • jtjbt20x
    jtjbt20x Member ✭✭
    The link to the Janney instructions for this changeover is https://myjanney.com/Lists/PublicFolder/QuickenFAQ.pdf
  • Dave Anderer
    Dave Anderer Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing the info; I don't recall getting anything from Janney about this.
  • drberezin
    drberezin Member ✭✭
    > @drberezin said:
    > I started having the issue after the 6.7.1 update. It wasn't happening with 6.7.0 (I'm on MacOS 12.4). I have numerous accounts including PNC, Capital One, Amex, investment accounts, etc. Same issue as described above - Quicken hangs with the spinning wheel during an update and then I have to force quit.

Update on 5/24:
    I disabled the download for my Janney account and then ran an account update and it worked without hanging up. Seems Janney accounts are the culprit.
  • mpane21
    mpane21 Member ✭✭
    Now that it is June 1st, has anyone been able to fix this issue? I followed the Janney instructions above but I am getting a "Quicken cannot access your accounts at Janney Montgomery Scott LLC" error at step j in the mac instructions. When I reset my Janney quicken password it did say it could take up to 24 hours to take effect so I am hoping that is why. I will try again tomorrow, but I am curious if anyone else has got this to work yet?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Dave Anderer
    Dave Anderer Member ✭✭✭
    > @mpane21 said:
    > Now that it is June 1st, has anyone been able to fix this issue? I followed the Janney instructions above but I am getting a "Quicken cannot access your accounts at Janney Montgomery Scott LLC" error at step j in the mac instructions. When I reset my Janney quicken password it did say it could take up to 24 hours to take effect so I am hoping that is why. I will try again tomorrow, but I am curious if anyone else has got this to work yet?

Same behavior here. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
  • mpane21
    mpane21 Member ✭✭
    I am now able to fix the above issue but now when I follow the instructions below, my account results in every historical transaction duplicated. I've tried multiple times and have not figured out how to resolve this issue. Once I initially set up the account I also keep receiving connection errors when I try refreshing - download error (15500)

https://myjanney.com/Lists/PublicFolder/QuickenFAQ.pdf
  • jtjbt20x
    jtjbt20x Member ✭✭
    > @mpane21 said:
    > I am now able to fix the above issue but now when I follow the instructions below, my account results in every historical transaction duplicated. I've tried multiple times and have not figured out how to resolve this issue. Once I initially set up the account I also keep receiving connection errors when I try refreshing - download error (15500)
    >
    > https://myjanney.com/Lists/PublicFolder/QuickenFAQ.pdf
    >
    >

I'm having the same problem. I called Janney support and they told me the solution was to go into each Janney account and delete the duplicate transaction. I'm trying to do that but I haven't found an easy solution yet. I have a bunch of securities so I am NOT happy. I'm going to start a new thread since this one is marked answered.
This discussion has been closed.