Split Transactions Lines Changed Order

Options
I set up my payroll check in split transaction so that entry would be easy, each line would follow the same item title as on my payroll, so I could quickly enter amounts from viewing my payroll statement without bouncing around. I had to add a few new items to my payroll over time, such as sick time and overtime payroll.

Now every line is all mixed up. The two salaries, line 1 overtime and 2 regular, are at the top. I'd prefer the regular above the overtime but I can live with that. However, the next line should be Salary:Sick, but it is now moved down to the bottom, line 11. The Retirement 401k is now on line 3 below the two Salary lines and it should be at the bottom, line 11. State tax is now below Fed Tax and the other things line ss and medicare are moved also.

The whole list changed without my input. I don't understand why Quicken chose to move everything around randomly. I need to know how to move the lines back to their original line number.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Patrice Lockhart,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Unfortunately, Quicken for Windows does not currently offer the option to reorder the split lines.

Therefore, I'd like to refer you to this active Idea post regarding this topic instead. If you would like to see this feature be added in the future, you can go ahead and add your vote by clicking the up arrow underneath the vote count (see example below) as well as a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.