QUICKEN NOT UPDATING CITIBANK

sammin
sammin Member ✭✭
Anyone else having issues with Quicken updating Citibank checking/savings accounts? Started a couple days ago.

Comments

• jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Same, last successful update was 5/21/22. I got a CC-592 error and a message telling me to contact Citi with this message. So obviously I ignored that message and tried resetting my online info and now I get a CC-502 error saying Citi website is unavailable.

Quicken Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 11 Pro - user since 1993

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    sammin said:
    Anyone else having issues with Quicken updating Citibank checking/savings accounts? Started a couple days ago.
    Hello @sammin

I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue with updates. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention here on the Quicken Community.

Are you noticing any particular error messages when One Step Updates fail? If so, what kind? If not, are transactions simply missing after an update?

I look forward to hearing your response. 

@jhanson

I do apologize that you are being affected by this error. I appreciate that you took the time to discuss this with us here on the Quicken Community.

Currently, there is an Open Alert regarding this exact error message and accounts associated with CitiBank. You can view the thread linked here for any additional information and any available updates. 

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • sammin
    sammin Member ✭✭
    I'm getting CC-503 on one account and CC-502 on another - both Citibank accounts
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited May 2022
    Hello @sammin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and reporting your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. Please note that we currently have 2 open Alerts ongoing for Citibank. The first is for the CC-502 error which can be found here and was previously provided by @Quicken Jared, and the 2nd Alert is for error CC-592 which can be found here. Please refer to these Alerts for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Douglas Alden
    Douglas Alden Member ✭✭✭
    It would be great if Quicken sent out an update when this was fixed. (Why isn't that SOP?)
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    I could still not connect, but I tried the authorization posted under "Citi Cards Error CC-502". I clicked on the datamanagement link and then tried signing in on quicken and it fixed my issue. No clue this existed.

"Next make sure you authorize this on the Citi Cards website.
    Profile -> More Settings -> Manage Desktop Apps -> Add Access (it gives you 10 minutes from this point) The direct URL is: https://citi.com/datamanagement"

• DavidPat7209
    DavidPat7209 Member ✭✭
    Getting CC-502 and CC-506 error. Both Citi and Q admit it is a problem....how can it work for 20 years and then break?!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Getting CC-502 and CC-506 error. Both Citi and Q admit it is a problem....how can it work for 20 years and then break?!
    Hello @DavidPat7209

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by this issue as well. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

Have you attempted the steps shared by @jhansen? To be clear: the Open Alerts regarding these issues are still active, but information about troubleshooting steps that appear to have resolved the issue in isolated cases may be useful information.

I am curious to hear your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Here is a view of the authorization screen, like I said I never knew this existed. Citi seems to be working fine now. Plus, if I search Citi for "Quicken", nothing about this page shows up from what I've tested. I was guessing it was a 2fa problem, presumably this authorization page was created to overcome 2fa problems.

• Dan Miller
    Dan Miller Member ✭✭✭
    After continuing to have error 502 show up after multiple CITI cc download attempts, today I went to File then Validate and Repair Files. After cleaning up file issues I updated CITI in my register and all recent transactions downloaded that wouldn't download before.
    Dan
  • sammin
    sammin Member ✭✭
    None of these suggestions are working for me... also, I'm trying to get bank activity not credit card.
  • Pdascani
    Pdascani Member ✭✭
    I'm a brand new Quicken user (downloaded this morning) and am experiencing this same issue. I cannot get started adding my Citi Costco card, which is my primary spending account and the most important one for me to track. Is this sort of issue a frequent occurrence? If so, I may end up refunding my purchase.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Pdascani said:
    Is this sort of issue a frequent occurrence?
    From the observations of the posts within this community, yes it is frequent.  From my own personal experience, I have not had any errors for months.  And if/when I get one, I simply ignore it patiently without messing with it because it gets resolved eventually, next hour, day, week etc.
    If you are trying to add your Citi card/bank for the first time, Citi has a security feature where they send a secure message to your inbox within their website (hard to find) that you must act on quickly.  Either this or what @jhansen wrote above, or going to the security center of your account - depending on the type of your account with them.  Otherwise you will not be able to add it to Quicken.  Many financial institutions do a similar thing with various flavors of inconsistency and difficulty.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    > @Pdascani said:
    > I'm a brand new Quicken user (downloaded this morning) and am experiencing this same issue. I cannot get started adding my Citi Costco card, which is my primary spending account and the most important one for me to track. Is this sort of issue a frequent occurrence? If so, I may end up refunding my purchase.

Don't give up, best program out there for tracking your personal financials hands down. You will find that issues arise over time with different institutions, but in general I find this group very helpful and responsive. You can also contact Quicken... I've been using it for 27 years, it is worth every penny I spend on it. 2 Factor authentication has added a new layer of inconvenience and no great workaround with Quicken, so you should expect this is be an ongoing issue for some time, whereas you will also find the need to validate your file on occasion, this also leads to weird errors like this as well... Don't give up.

• jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    > @sammin said:
    > None of these suggestions are working for me... also, I'm trying to get bank activity not credit card.

Might try opening a new acct in Quicken and linking. Good thing, you're not out anything by creating a new acct in quicken. Also, I've had file validation issues previously stop me from downloading with a Credit union, had 10+ accounts with them, the issue was resolved by super-validating the file and fixing manually the transactions.

• sammin
    sammin Member ✭✭
    'bump Any updates?
  • rsilbe
    rsilbe Member
    Error code: BID = 2102 . Tried removing account online link and starting again, but still got error.
  • regs
    regs Member ✭✭
    I have a checking account and 3 credit card accounts at Citibank. Quicken has appeared to be successfully updating. However, when I actually looked at the register NONE of the Citibank accounts, checking and credit cards, has actually downloaded anything since mid-March.
    As far as I can determine all settings are correct and my version of Quicken and my membership are up to date.
    What now? How do I get the info up to date?
    Has the issue with Citibank that started in May been resolved?
  • sammin
    sammin Member ✭✭
    Quicken doesn't work with Citibank anymore it appears
  • prathmell
    prathmell Member ✭✭
    I got Citibank working today by reducing the length of my password. I had a very long password, reduced it to 23 characters and it worked. It could be completely coincidental, but it kind of looked like Quicken was truncating it.
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken Anja it seems this thread should be separated into CITI banking vs Credit. It seems majority seem to be having issues with banking. vs credit.

This discussion has been closed.