US Bank Requiring TWO Pass Codes During One Step Update

Options
A few months ago US Bank starting requiring a code to be sent to my phone during One Step Update. It asks TWICE each time I try to download. I have multiple credit card and investment accounts, and no other account requires this. I called US Bank and they claim it is for my security because Quicken is "changing servers," which triggers the two-step verification. What can I do about this other than changing banks?

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suppose every bank has different requirements/procedures, but that does seem quite excessive. For comparison, my BoA CC account will ask for 2FA when I do a restore and Q resyncs my credentials. This is once and done, not during any subsequent OSU. This is acceptable. If this is US Bank's policy, you have many other options.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How are you connecting to USB?  I'm their customer also, and I GLADLY pay the $3.95/month for  "PFM Direct Connect" as their implementation  of EWC is flaky, at best.   And, I get ZERO "codes".

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    US Bank has been doing this for a while now.  Before 2FA, during OSU, you would need to answer at least 2 different security questions.
This discussion has been closed.