Dashboard Glitch

Haapy
Haapy Member ✭✭✭
Windows 10, Q 27.1.40.21
Update Accounts using the upper left icon does not reset the Last Updated date and time on the dashboard.
If the accounts are updated be using the Dashboard Update Now prompt, the date and time are updated.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Haapy

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with the date/time of account updates on your dashboard. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Are your accounts still updating and the date/time is just not updating? What occurs when you run a One Step Update? Do you receive any error codes or messages?

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the issue you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Looking forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭✭
    All accounts are updating correctly for both one step and dashboard updates.
    Using one step, the date and time do not update.
    Using the dashboard update, they do update.
    Everything else is working fine. 
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Haapy

Thank you for providing more information. 

First, I suggest signing out and back into your Quicken account. Please follow the steps below in order to do so. Please keep in mind that it is also recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. 
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out 
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭✭

Followed your instructions

First image is after sign back in

Second image is after One Step Update

Third image is after Dashboard Update

• Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Haapy,

Thank you for attempting to sign out and back in and for providing screenshots, though I do apologize that this did not help to resolve the error. 

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭✭
    I do not think that I want to go down that path. I can live with the One Step Update not altering the date. I will just update via the Dashboard. Perhaps the developers can shep some light on this. Thanks. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The information about the update time is stored in a "runtime.dat" file, and at various times it has been noted that different parts of Quicken have been inconsistent on updating it, or somehow get out of sync.
    See this thread on the subject:
    Last updated: date is not updated (Q Win, new Dashboard) — Quicken

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭✭
    Chris, thank you for the informative thread. I give those guys credit for digging so deep to try to fix it. I will just use the Dashboard. Simple fix. Andy 
  • Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    OK. Not a simple fix. 
    I performed an update from the Dashboard successfully, but the date and time did not change upon completion.
    I decided to re-update from the Dashboard and it updated the date and time.
    I repeated the update from the Dashboard and it updated the date and time.
    I then updated from One Step and it updated the date and time.
    There seems to be a syncing or timing glitch with updating the date and time on the first update after sign in no matter which update goes first. Subsequent updates from either method does the date/time upate.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    While you're troubleshooting this ...
    Has the Dashboard view been open while you were running One Step Update from the OSU icon?
    Try running OSU from any other view and, when complete, switch to the Dashboard view.
    My shot in the dark is: The Dashboard view doesn't refresh while it's open upon return from OSU.
  • Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭✭
    Update.
    In Dashboard view, neither updating from OSU nor the Dashboard updates the date & time on the FIRST update. If I update run a second update a minute or 2 later, from either method, the date and time updates.

Also per UKR's suggestion, he is correct, running OSU while in another view and then returning to the Dashboard, the date and time is updated.

This discussion has been closed.