Overall performance significantly slower since R40.23

vulitsky
vulitsky Member ✭✭
After updating to the R40.23 version, overall performance is significantly slower: opening, transaction entry, reconciling now take around 5 seconds each where it was previously sub-second. I'm now on R40.28 and still the same issue. I have made no changes to any configuration.

I have tried various recommended fixes to address performance: validating my original data file, copying to a new file, disabling alerts. None were effective.

Anyone else experiencing noticeable slowness since R40.23?

Version Info:
Quicken Home & Business Canada
R40.28 build 27.1.40.28
Windows 10 Enterprise

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @vulitsky,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest that you try clearing cache from Quicken to see if it may help. To do so, please close Quicken, remove the “Cache” folder from “C:\programData\Quicken”, then reopen Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• vulitsky
    vulitsky Member ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    @Quicken Anja: I cleared the cache as you recommend but there was no improvement. With this release certain functions are considerably slower than before. Reconciliation and matching downloaded transactions seem to be the most impacted: i.e. most noticeably slower than before.
  • Quicken Anja
    Thank you for following up, though I am sorry to hear that the issue still continues to persist.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

I do also recommend that after uninstalling once, please open your Windows File Explorer and navigate to This PC > C: Drive > Program Files (x86) and delete the folder titled "Quicken" (doing so does not affect your data files). This folder should be deleted automatically after uninstalling the program, however, sometimes it can get stuck and does not get deleted. After you have deleted this folder, go ahead and proceed with reinstalling.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• vulitsky
    vulitsky Member ✭✭
    I uninstalled/reinstalled as suggested but this did not help with performance. I tested transaction matching and reconciliation. The performance is still noticeably worse than before R40.23.
  • Quicken Anja
    @vulitsky Thank you for following up.

At this point, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

I apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.