Order of Investment Transactions?

litesign
litesign Member
edited July 2022 in Investing (Windows)
In a recent version upgrade, I noticed "Security transactions from the same day now appear in alphabetical order." as an improvement.
It appears they are alphabetical by "Action" which is a really dumb way to sort. Why did they change it to that. Previously all new transactions for a day were alphabetized by Security (which makes the most sense)?

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess someone thought it was a good idea.

It has been proposed that it be put back to the original order:

Restore previous investment register sort order — Quicken

The good news is the change is "planned" so we should hopefully see it put back sometime soon.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    See this "Idea" post to revert that change. 
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7913043/restore-previous-investment-register-sort-order#latest

Quicken has indicated that 'correction' is planned but there is not schedule for it (not a surprise there).  Exactly how it will be corrected is unknown - we can only hope.  As noted (I think) in those comments, that sort-by-action was in an earlier release also and was quickly removed. 

As to Why they even attempted that sort-by-action approach, no one seems to have any idea and Quicken is not saying. 

Actually, I believe the prior approach was sort by order entered within the day.  That seems to be preference of most users who have commented.     
This discussion has been closed.