expired Subscription login

harbingr
harbingr Member ✭✭
My account expired as I can see when I log in to my account. I cannot get to my data, import or use the app with older data even though instructions say I can.

I can see the data but not click on it. If I attempt to use it I get a continual pop up to login, then once logged in a notice my subscription has expired to repeat forever. I have uninstall, reinstalled, install form on line (fails), installed form CD and cannot open the latest update prior to expiration as instructed.

I am trying to access some data stored on my HDD load some older qfx files and report but am unable.

I suspect the design in the subscription model is to frustrate to the point of purchasing a new subscription but I do not want to rebuild my data files.

Ultimately I would like to open my last backup, Bulk import some QFX files that are not in it and review some historical data this weekend.

Chat fails after I login, support is closed and did not answer on Friday.

Any ideas how to disable the prompt to sync to online or login repeatedly?

I have verified my email multiple times and can access my account Obviously to post here.

It is just a standard win10 home install of Q19 with a subsequent later subscription

Comments

• harbingr
    harbingr Member ✭✭
    I wonder
  • harbingr
    harbingr Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja assume these comments go directly or required moderation (see provided log)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    NOTES for expired licenses:

1. If you have the Starter edition, the data files become read-only.
    2. If you have Deluxe or above, you can still enter transactions manually, but all "connected services" are disabled, this includes importing QFX files.  Note it doesn't include importing QIF files.
    3. You must not update past the version of Quicken you had before your subscription expired.  Reinstalling and patching your Quicken Subscription version after your membership has expired | Quicken
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • harbingr
    harbingr Member ✭✭
    it now just crashes on acknowledging the subscription expiration:
    was trying to connect -
    20220603 22:50:41: Entering SignInWithWebAuthorizationResponse
    20220603 22:50:50: Leaving SignInWithWebAuthorizationResponse
    20220604 02:34:53: Entering SignInWithWebAuthorizationResponse
    20220604 02:34:58: Leaving SignInWithWebAuthorizationResponse
    20220604 02:37:38: Entering SignInWithWebAuthorizationResponse
    20220604 02:37:40: Leaving SignInWithWebAuthorizationResponse
    20220604 12:24:43: Entering SignInWithWebAuthorizationResponse
    20220604 12:24:47: Leaving SignInWithWebAuthorizationResponse

now dump report.

Could this be related to https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7912969/ongoing-6-1-22-canada-r40-23-expired-membership-banner#latest @"Quicken Anja" ? I have not updated it in fact tried to stop it but perhaps automatically. I cannot run long enough to verify the version but the config says:

Version=27,Quicken Deluxe R40
    RegisteredVersion=2700
    RegistrationCount=12
    LaunchCount=1
    Periodic_update_period=4
    Periodic_last_update=06/04/2022
  • harbingr
    harbingr Member ✭✭
    There was an error rendering this rich post.

Thanks @Chris_QPW I did the download and could not run that patch version, no error just never executes. I have two right before subscription lapsed. I installed successfully from CD saw my data, tried to access got the login request repeatedly. cycling. Left overnight it updated to a newer version and now fails since my install is newer than the subscription date.

I cannot use my quickbooks data in quicken and vice-versa.

I wonder how to install form Cd and never have it update?

I have validated my file and can see data but in the background of the pop ups.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    To install without and preventing it from updating disable your network while installing.
    Signature:
  • harbingr
    harbingr Member ✭✭
    I was able to get the original installed and the upgrade to the patch before expiration installed but after enabling the network now I cannot log in or log off and am unable to open any data files.

I am signed up to purchase a new subscription but if it does not work as expected when following the instructions i doubt i want to through away more money.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest that you contact Quicken support.  All of this is supposed to work, and they should fix it if it doesn't.

At a minimum you can ask for your money back on the latest subscription purchase:
    Contact Quicken Support
    Signature:
  • Any way to remove the Subscription Reminder that pops up on the right side of my screen? I'm not planning on renewing it, and it reduces the font size of my screen. Thanks
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No....

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Find a copy of Quicken 2017 or Quicken 2016. The Quicken data file is backwards compatible with those versions of Quicken.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.